Chapter 8 - Never Take A Drink From A Stranger

Noah leads me to the kitchen to get a drink. Neither of us get alcohol just soda. I asked Noah if he does drink alcohol and he told me he does sometimes but not a lot. While we were in the kitchen I spot Jessica and Everett. Jessica is wearing a short black dress her sister probably made her wear. Her hair was in curls and she was wearing heels. Everett was wearing jeans with a white button up shirt. Jessica's eyes met mine and she smiled. She said something to Everett and then they made their way over to us. Everett was helping her because she probably couldn't walk in those heels.

"Hey. Cool party, isn't it?" Jessica laughed.

"Yea I guess so." I laughed nervously.

"C'mon lets all go dance!" Jessica said grabbing Everett's arm dragging him out of the kitchen. Unlike me, my best friend was excited about this party. I'm just nervous. I looked at Noah. He shrugged his shoulders then grabbed my hand dragging me in the direction Jessica and Everett went in. We ended up in the middle of a dance floor.

"I can't dance." I told Noah. I looked at Jessica and Everett who were dancing then back at Noah. He smiled then placed his hands on my hips.

"Just move like this." He said as he started moving my hips side to side. He kept his hands there as he moved closer to me. Our chests were now touching. I was uncomfortable yet I was enjoying this. I put my arms around his neck as we danced to the music. I lost track of time of how long we danced but as soon as I started to loosen up some our dancing was interrupted.

"Noah!" Someone yelled making us turn our heads to the right. The guy who yelled had black messy hair and light brown eyes and a nice tan and he was just a tad bit taller than Noah. "Who's your friend?" He asked looking at me once he approached us.

"This is Skylar. Skylar this is Colton, the one who threw this party." Noah introduced. Colton smiles wide at me.

"Skylar Greene right?" He asked. I nod and swallow hard not wanting him to bring anything up about Ryan. He just nods. "You are very beautiful." He says. My cheeks blush and I mumble a thanks. I'm seriously not use to compliments. He then turns his attention to Noah. "Me and some of the guys would like to have a small talk with you and Everett really quick, is that okay?"

Noah looks down at me. "Stay with Jessica and I'll be right back, alright?" I nod and watch him get Everett and watch them walk away. Jessica and I sit down on the couch and we patiently wait for the boys. While waiting a girl with long blonde hair walks over to us with a tray of drinks.

"Would you like some?" She asks Jessica and I. I nodded feeling my throat a bit dry. We both took a drink and the blonde girl walked away. I looked in the red solo cup seeing it was a clear drink. Must be water. I took a sip and it tasted a bit funny but it wasn't all that noticeable so I kept drinking it.

As I drank more of it I could feel myself become a little uneasy. I felt dizzy and a little nauseous. Jessica starts laughing at nothing but I felt sick. I was just about to tell her I felt bad but was cut off.

"Oh shit." A familiar voice says. I look up to see Noah and Everett. Noah takes the drink away from me and takes a sip but immediately spits it back in the cup then sits it on a table. Everett is trying to talk to Jessica who keeps laughing. "Who gave you that drink?" Noah asks. I start seeing double and I.feel.like I'm going to pass out.

"Noah where are you?" I ask and start to cry. My vision is blurred and I feel like the room is spinning. Without another word he picks me up bridal style. I squeeze my eyes shut feeling like I'm going to throw up again. When I open them I'm being sat down in the passenger seat and I see blurry images.

"Skylar how how much did you drink?" Noah asks. Instead of answering I black out. Not literally but I have no idea what's going on.

And long story short the rest of the night was a huge blur and I have no idea what happened beyond that point.