"Just Friends"

Not mine, credit to acdclvr on tumblr. (It was unnamed so I just decided to name it that lol)

~

Peter's POV:
I wait in my cramped bedroom, lying face down- sprawled out on my bed. I know any second now I will receive a knock on my window. The same knock I would get each night. The same knock that called me to duty. My duty. I don't mind doing what I do- I easily catch up on sleep. Surviving on 3 hours of sleep a night is easier than you'd think. I mean; all those crazy Tumblr fan girls do it!
As if on cue, a soft knock sounds at my bedroom window.
I heave myself off my bed and fling open the window- as I do every evening. My best friend Wade stepped inside- as he does every evening. Although I knew his name, Wade never revealed his face to me. He always came over in his suit, as Deadpool.
I stare in the mirror at myself for a second. I'm thin and spindly and my outfit is like red and blue spandex! Yet Wade, Wade is perfect. His black and red suit stretches over his beautifully toned body. WAIT! What am I thinking?! I can't think my best friend is beautiful!
I shake my head and turn away from the mirror.
"You okay buddy?" Wade asks me.
"I'm fine," I mumble in response. I feel a strong arm slither around me and pull me into a tight hug.
"You know you can tell me what's up. I know you're not okay," Wade whispers into my ear.
"Maybe later," I reply sheepishly.
"Suit yourself," ... "FIRST ONE TO THE TAKEOUT GETS THE EXTRA HOT SAUCE!" Wade yells before diving out my window.
I let out a quick giggle before I jump out after him.
I run across the rooftops, occasionally shooting my web and swinging closer and closer to Wade.
"HOW D'YA GET SO CLOSE?" he shouts over to me.
"IT'S ONE OF THE MANY ADVANTAGES OF BEING A SPIDER!" I reply, attempting to yell over the pollutant noise of the traffic below.
A conveniently placed crane is next to the takeout and just as I start to swing across - Wade appears on the takeout roof in front of me.
"I think this means I win," Wade laughs.
"That's not fair!" I protest, "You cheated!"
"How?" he asks, still laughing.
"You teleported!"
"And?"
"And that's cheating!"
"I was only using my abilities," He laughs again.
"And that's cheating!" I try to protest.
"You used your web."
Actually he just made a very good point, I think to myself.
"Whatever," I reply, too exhausted to think of some way to get back at him.
"So I win?" He asks childishly.
"Yes," I conclude.
After doing a victory dance Wade jumps off the roof to get food.
*An order and a bit later*
Wade's POV:
Peter an I are sitting on a roof of a skyscraper in the middle of the city, eating. He's still laughing at me for my reaction to too much hot sauce. Yes, I had put a lot of hot sauce on my Chimichanga... It totally works!
"Will you leave it now?!" I snap at him.
"Nope!" He replies.
"Is there any way you'll shut up?!"
"Nope... Plus you're the one who's usually talking constantly. So I think it's my turn!" Peter giggles smugly.
I slyly smile as I have a plan to shut him up for good.
"Hey peter," I tell him "I think you have a crumb on your cheek."
"Oh.. thanks" He slowly reaches for the imaginary crumb at the bottom of his lifted mask. As he does a lunge forwards and smash my lips against his.
Peter's POV:
I reach to wipe the crumb off my face but as I do I feel Wade's lips crash against my own. I don't know what to do so I just sit in shock.
As he pulls away he laughs- "I knew that would shut you up!"
I snap out of my dazed trance and swiftly reply, "well it didn't work!"
"Do I have to do it again?" Wade teases.
"I think you might have to," I reply with a smile.
He pulls me towards him and places his lips against mine again. This time the kiss is sweet and gentle. I passionately kiss back and this time I'm the one to pull away.
I place a hand gently where the bottom of his lifted mask meets his cheek. I run my thumb over his scarred skin.
"Is this why you don't want me to see you're face?" I ask- referring to his scars.
He nods and hangs his head. As he does I feel a soft tear slip onto my hand from under his mask.
Wade's POV:
I let out a small tear, I hate myself so much! Then the unexpected happens. Peter carefully peels off my mask revealing my ugly scarred skin.
Now I let my tears flow as I see Peter's jaw drop.
"I know this isn't what you wanted to see Peter, I'm sorry for being this ugly monster of a human being" I turn my back to him not wanting to see any more of his reaction but before I know what is happening I feel a small hand grip my chin and turn my body back to face him.
Peter then smiles at me and removes his mask completely revealing his incredibly handsome face. He then leans up and plants a soft kiss on my lips before hugging me and nuzzling his head into my neck.
"I love you Wade," he muffles into the crook of my neck.
I smile and lean my head against his before looking out over breathtaking the star-lit city.
"I love you to."