I'd Die For You

By me :)

~

Everything was dark.
I couldn't see.
I couldn't hear.
I couldn't move.
I was surrounded by pitch black.

My mind began to panic, thinking of the worst. But in my head I could hear distant cries for help... Who were they from?

A boys calls for help bellowed in my head, his words kept crossing my mind.

"Help me Wade.. Help me"

But he'd go silent for a minute, and almost as if on a track, the screams would be repeated over and over and over again.

Then he began to cry. His screams sounded painful. And his words got clouded with apparent fear.

Where am I?
And who is he?

It's as if I'm floating.. The only sign is the boy screaming but who is it? I have no memory of anything. All I can hear is screaming.

"Help me Wade. Please! help me."

He sounded almost different, as if he was getting beaten..

Light began to shine in my eyes and I slowly regained my sight, as I looked around all I saw was blurred colors that seemed to make up a world around me.

My eyes squinted and I tried to lift an arm up to block the bright sun. "HELP ME WADE"

The screams were louder this time.

As my arm got over my head, I noticed that all there was left on it was a bone, I had no hand and no muscle. Normal people would freak out but luckily I have my healing power and it was working.

"Help m-me Wade!" The boys cries rang in my already pounding head. I peered over in the direction of the screams and saw Spider-Man dangling in the hands of Venom.

My thoughts stopped and time seemed to slow as my memories came back to me. "Spidey!" I shouted "hang on" I tried to stand up but I was missing a leg..

What happened?

I began to crawl to make my way over to the damsel in distress. "Wade!" He screamed, tears streamed down his bare face. Gashes that seemed to be bleeding endlessly were scattered across his body, including rips from Venom's claws sinking through his suit and into his flesh.

"I'm coming Petey!" I screamed, as I crawled toward the big black monster who held up my lover..

[ah that's right he is your lover!]

{hah! see we can remember simple shit too Wade}

"Not helping!" I yelled at the boxes and took out a gun, aiming at the monster and shooting twice.

{you missed.. you missed again}

[he seems to know that. I believe he's getting rather angry at our comments.]

{eh who cares! We're just here to tell him when he screws up right?!}

[well if that is what the author wants as our sole purpose, then so be it... she is the boss you know?]

{yeah yeah whatever}

"Will you shut the fuck up?" I'm trying to shoot a monster that's about to kill the love of my life and those douchebags are arguing in my head. Damn you're a sucky author! Get your game together and let me save my Spidey already.

Venom's head whipped around as a bullet implanted in his dark flesh. He dropped Spider-Man and desperately came running at me. Peter laid there, breathless and beat up.

It hurts me so much to see him like this.

"Back off!" I screamed as he came running at me and stepped on my one good leg. He glanced down at his feet and moved the one off of my leg, and over to the side. "Thank you" I said, standing up on my not so fully regrown left leg and my partially crushed right one.

I looked him and pulled out one of my katanas. He backed up a little bit, only to swing an arm at me and try to get me with his sharp claws. He backed up again but this time he came running straight at me, I stuck my sword straight out and pierced his stomach as he ran.

He fell with a groan and I removed my katana from his bleeding wound. I watched him run away, wailing in pain and holding onto his stomach. On a normal day I would've chased him but today was anything but normal.

Peter stumbled onto his feet, only to fall backwards. "Baby boy are you okay?" I asked, grabbing onto his arms to stabilize him. "Do I look okay?" He chuckled a little bit then groaned in pain as he took a step.

"You died back there Wade" Peter said, looking at me with big brown, worried eyes. "But I came back".. I was speechless. I died? I didn't think that was possible.

"And I'm okay now" I mumbled, looking at my regenerating arm. I was almost back to normal but it took some time.

"You're not okay.. Just watch over yourself next time alright?" Peters eyes teared up and didn't make contact with mine.

"I promise." I shot him a sincere smile and picked him up off the ground.

"How about I get you back to Tony and Bruce's lab now? They'll fix you up" I know he hates their experiments that they do and the tests the run, but at least he'll be safe there and feel a lot better.

"Thank you Wade" he smiled.

"For what?" My voice sounded broken.

"For not leaving me" Peter snuggled into my chest and his words stung my already bleeding heart.

"I'll never leave you, not as long as I can help it" I smiled at the boy in my arms and teleported him to the lab, hoping they would take care of him.

Little did I know, my ass was gonna get chewed for not protecting him.

Little did they know, I died for him.