Let Me Be Happy

Not mine, credit to AnimeLoveLover123 on deviant art.

~

The day had been quite hectic for Spider-man. Little crimes seemed to have been popping up on every street all at once, like it was some sort of organized event, which was a possibility. Despite how determined he was, there's only so much one spider can do at a time. It had taken literally hours to track, trap, and incarcerate all the hooligans.

Now Sp- no, Peter Parker finally found a quiet moment in one of the most unlikely places he could think of, his boyfriend Wade Wilson's company. That's right, as much of a shock as it would come to most who knew him, the merc with a mouth lay with him, fully conscious, in silence.

This rare occurrence was brought on by Deadpool's knowledge that Spider-man had had a rough day and needed to relax. Wade also knew that the best way for his boyfriend to relax was simply to be left be. To stew in silence, to let every thought be annualized, every emotion dealt with.

Now usually the younger would go to his home where he knew he could get some peace and quiet, but after the emotional beating he had received, not just the usual thugs and that one track mind J. Jonah Jameson, but also from the people he was trying to help. Even after dealing with the situation, many people scolded him for not arriving soon enough, for not being able to stop some injuries, for not being there exactly when they needed him. It was all chipping away at him. He wanted to be there, to stop the pain from ever happening, he tried so hard.

Before he could beat himself up to much more then the public had, Spidey made his way to one of two places where he knew he would always be loved, Wade's place. Sure he could go to aunt May, but she would wonder why he was so upset and he couldn't tell her. Besides, at the moment he craved a more physical comfort, and he got just that. He was greeted with praise for a job well done, though he didn't feel he deserved it, kisses, an embrace, and now cuddles.

The shorter of the two now lay stomach down pretty much on top of Wade in quote un-quote, 'normal clothes'. It had taken some persuading to get the mercenary to wear anything besides his spandex costume, but eventually Peter was able to convince his boyfriend that he didn't care what he looked like, even thought Deadpool still questioned that statement at times. Though Wade felt uncomfortable in normal clothes, he couldn't deny that they
made them both feel more human, like they didn't have to go out there and fight for there lives everyday.

This is what Peter wanted, to just be with someone he loved, to have them hold him close, telling him he was doing a good job, not pressure him to be better.

Peter's grip on the olders hand began to loosen as he drifted into some well needed sleep. Taking the opportunity, Wade took his now free hand and began to run his fingers thought his boyfriends still messy hair, lulling him deeper into slumber.  Peter could hear Wade's rhythmic heart beating, feel his body below him as his own muscles began to finally relax after all the strain he had put it thought today. It was all so perfect... until the younger's phone rang.

Peter's eyes shot open in surprise at the familiar tune, Wade's body jerking as well. Quick to grown in annoyance, the college student grabbed his cellphone from the side table and sat up, turning his body so it faced away from Wade who didn't hesitate in following. The mercenary crossed his legs to form a chair of sorts for the younger as he wrapped his arms around Peter while he answered the phone.

"Hello?" Peter answered in an unintentionally harsh tone that made it obvious that he was not pleased.

""Peter, I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" Came a voice the younger knew well.

"Steve, hey." Parker greeted. "No, it's fine, what do you need?" He somewhat lied. Sure he'd rather sleep in his surprisingly cooperative boyfriends arms, but how was the Captain to know?