Behind The Mask

Not mine, all credit goes to Flying-With-The-Owls on Deviant Art.

~

"Sir, a masked person between the ages of 15 and 18 is attempting to enter the window. Shall I sound the alarm?"

"Wha--" Peter sat up and looked around.

Wade.

"No, JARVIS, it's just Wade. Please don't ever announce his entrance again."

"Duly noted, Master Peter."

"Thanks, JARVIS." Peter unlocked the window and was subsequently tackled by a masked teenage boy. Automatically, he shot web at the wall, and they were suspended, literally hanging from a thread.

"Hi, Pete."

"Hello, Wade."

"I love it when you suspend us from a web. It's sexy. Sexy, sexy spider. " Wade smiled and pressed his lips to Peter's.

"We're 40 stories up."

"Yes. We are. Smart, sexy, spider."

"You could just use the front door next time."

"You've got a JARVIS, silly sexy spider."

"True." Peter severed the thread and they fell to the floor with a thump. Wade began to kiss him again, and Peter rolled over so that he was on top of Wade, and his boyfriend grunted. Wade slid a cold hand under Peter's t-shirt. He gasped and pulled back.

"What? My spider doesn't want to pla-ay?"

"Not in the tower. JARVIS and stuff, and I don't know who's here...."

"Awwww." Wade pouted a moment before grabbing Peter's hand and leading him towards the bed.

"Wade..."

"If we can't sleep together sleep together, then we'll sleep....together."

"You...bastard." Peter began to kiss his boyfriend again.

"You can take your shirt off." Wade placed a hand on Peter's waist, running his hand along his side, under his shirt.

"I might even take my sweatpants off..." Wade grinned. "...If you take your mask off."

"No." Wade rolled over abruptly, facing the wall.

"Wade..."

"I don't like you seeing my face." Peter sighed.

"Wade, I love you more than everything in the world. I've battled the Lizard, and he wasn't exactly pretty. My dads' boss is Nick Fury, for god's sake. However you look.... You'll still be the most beautiful person on earth. To me." He wrapped his arms around his boyfriend.

"Nobody's seen my face in years."

"Then maybe it's time." Kissing his neck, Peter began to peel back the mask.

"No. It's never time." Wade grabbed the edge of the mask and pulled it back down. He turned back to Wade.

"Wade, when I got a cold you sent me yellow flowers, but none that had too much pollen in them so I wouldn't sneeze. When I fell asleep in the movies the other day, you woke me up by kissing me gently. For my birthday, you took me to the zoo and we watched the bears swim in their pool and you held my hand while I waited to go onstage in that ceremony thingy last year. You know the true me and you love me for it. I love you, mask or not."

"It's really, really bad."

"It's dark in here."

"Please don't laugh- or- or cry- or whatever-" Wade's voice was shaking.

"I love you, Wade."

"Okay." Peter watched his boyfriend peel back his mask. The light in the room was minimal, nothing but a nightlight that Peter never bothered to wean himself off of. He drew in a breath. No matter what he had been told, he wasn't prepared for this: Wade's face was red. Ugly, scars covered it. Wade's eyes were closed, and Peter couldn't stop himself from flinching. He drew another deep breath before squeezing Wade's hand.

"It's okay."

"Really?"

"Yes." Wade opened his eyes.

"I'm going to put my mask back on."

"Okay." Wade sat up, feeling around in the dark for his mask, which had been discarded to the side.

An alarm blared.

"Code eight, danger. Repeat, code eight, danger. System lockdown. All persons at attention immediately." Pete let out a stream of curses. Wade's eyes grew panicked.

"Pete, what the hell?"

"I don't know what code eight is. Get under the bed, you aren't supposed to be here. Go!" Wade scrambled under the bed. The alarm continued to blare. Less than a minute later, Tony and Steve entered the room.

"Peter, what's going on in here?" Steve wasn't winded at all.

"Pete- huff- what- what's going- huff-on in here?" Tony asked. He leaned on the wall to catch his breath. In a minute or two, he spoke again: "Peter, the building has technologies that register the facial features of anyone in the Villain Database, which means everyone that's ever tried to take over the planet to anyone who Fury doesn't like. So why is one under your bed?"

"Wade.... You can come out now." Pete took a deep breath. "Dad... Dad, meet my boyfriend."