L-o-v-e Nat King Cole

Credit to Exhaustious on archive of our own.

~

Peter sat on the couch of their apartment, a textbook in hand, watching his boyfriend clean his weapons. Next to the glimmering katanas, was a fossil of a radio, playing Nat King Cole.

"L is for the way you look at me" it sang, Wade hummed to the tune as he wiped over the dried blood splattered on his pistol. "O is for the only one I see," Peter placed his textbook on the side table and walked over to where Wade sat. He pulled a chair out to sit beside the larger man, tilting his head as he looked at his lover's face intently.

"V is very, very extraordinary" Wade sang enthusiastically, glancing at the younger man's big brown eyes. "What's up, babyboy? Where'd the books disappear?" Wade asked before wiggling his hairless eyebrows. "Little distracted, are we? Tell me what you want, babe. I'll do anything for yah, except, y'kno-"

Peter laid his hand over one of Wade's, biting his bottom lip. "C'mon, Wade. Please?" Peter pleaded.

"Petey, you know I can't dance for shit!" Wade gave a hearty laugh at the sight of his boyfriend attempting to lure him in with his dorky puppy dog impression.

"E is even more than anyone that you adore can," the radio chanted.

The mercenary smirked, blushing under his scarred skin. "Fine!" he grinned, putting down his gun as he got off his chair. Wade let Peter lead him to the middle of the room, slipping his arms around the vigilantes' waist.

"Love is all that I can give to you," Wade looked down at his feet, attempting to avoid Peter's affectionate gaze.

He looks so vulnerable, Peter thought. Peter knew Wade hated this. He knew he hated being so emotionally, so physically visible with Peter so near.

"Can we close the curtains?" Wade asked, his voice sounding small as his scars glowed a soft pink in the light of the setting sun.

"Love is more than just a game for two" Peter whispered along into Wade's ear, smiling. "Two in love can make it."

"Take my heart and please don't break it," Wade mumbled back, his words muffled as his face was now buried in the crevice of Peter's neck. Peter's heart broke a little. Wade had such low self-esteem, constantly fearful that their relationship was a dream he would wake up from sooner or later.

He knew this because Wade only said such things to his voices, thinking Peter was asleep or away. So, as Peter always did, he tried to prove the voices wrong. He tried to convince them that Wade was worthy of his love and so much more, because he was. He always had been. He always would be. At least, in Peter's eyes this statement would never change.

"Love was made for me and you," Peter sang softly, putting his weight on his toes to kiss Wade's forehead.

Peter soon began kissing every inch of Wade's face, soft pecks flowering over the damaged skin.

"Love was made for me and you..." the words repeated until they faded into the background as the two men danced into the evening.

~

I'm back!! :) I got stuff figured out with my whole family situation and I'm able to spend some time updating this book more. I'm not sure if I'll stop this one and create a new one or not though.. I might do that.