four

Taehyung follows Jungkook into the latter's apartment, arms lazily draped around his friend's shoulders. "Can I sleep in your bed?"

"Sure, as long as you don't try to fuck me," Jungkook jokes, giggling with Taehyung. "But don't sleep yet, we still have that competition to win."

Confusion mars Taehyung's features for a moment before he realizes. "Oh, right. On Skype."

Jungkook nods, affirming the statement. "Yeah. Seokjin-ssi and I are staying up the latest. He won yesterday, though," Jungkook adds, his bottom lip sticking out slightly in a pout.

Taehyung beams, patting Jungkook's shoulder reassuringly. "I'll stay up as late as you guys this time. Promise."

。。。

Taehyung emits a soft snore as his fingers curl around the collar of Jungkook's shirt, shifting his position on the younger's lap. Jungkook adjusts his position on his swivel chair as well, as Taehyung's ankle was pressing against his crotch. Ew.

Seokjin clears his throat. "Um, I was just wondering... Are you two together?"

Jungkook snorts. "Me and Tae? Please. I could never date him. He's too crazy for my taste."

Seokjin hesitates before speaking again. "Well, I mean..." He pauses, eyeing the two. "You guys seem pretty... close."

"Right," Jungkook laughs. "A lot of people are a bit off put by that. Tae is usually pretty touchy with everyone, but since we've known each other since I was four, he's extra touchy with me. Fun." Seokjin chortles at Jungkook's snide remark with a slight shake of his head. "I'm pretty much stuck with him, whether I like it or not," Jungkook adds, chuckling as well.

"Namjoon and I are best friends, too, but we've only been friends since high school," Seokjin says, fiddling with his phone. "He was such a jerk back then. I hated him so much."

"How did you two become friends, then?" Jungkook queries.

"Ah, that's a good question," Seokjin muses, slender fingers tapping his chin. "So in eleventh grade, when he was a wee freshman, he gave me a rose on Valentine's Day. I thought it was a joke, and that he was just prancing me for laughs, so I threw it away later. But then I found out that he actually did like me when some of his friends were being real buttholes to me, saying stuff like, Seokjin, you're such a wimp, or, you're so weak; I wasn't exactly the most athletic kid back then. So Namjoon appears out of nowhere and he goes, shut up and leave him alone or something like that." Seokjin smiles fondly. "After they left me alone, Namjoon properly confessed to me, and told me that he actually had feelings for me— I said that I'd think it over, and, lo and behold, a few weeks later, we were dating."

Jungkook raises his eyebrows in surprise. "Wait, you guys are dating? Still? I wouldn't have guessed, you guys don't act all lovey around each other at all—" He stops when he realizes that he'd interrupted the elder, ears reddening as he mutters, "Sorry. Continue."

"Well," Seokjin laughs, "we actually are not dating. Namjoon and I had broken up by the end of the year. We didn't really interact for the rest of high school, but our friendship rekindled in college." He rubs his eye and checks the time. "It's only 3:00? Ugh, I could've sworn it was at least 4:00. Anyway," he says hurriedly, taking notice of Jungkook's curious expression, "my roommate who's name I think was Jackson?" Seokjin pauses, staring at his desk, deep in thought. "Was it Jackson?" he mutters to himself. "Yeah," he finally affirms, and looks back at Jungkook. "His name was Jackson, but that's not important. So Namjoon came over to our room wanting to talk to Jackson because he'd just broken up with this guy, and he recognized me— we hadn't seen each other around campus before because, you know, it's a big campus, so when he saw me, he goes do I know you? So I go, yeah, we went to high school together. Do you recall a Kim Seokjin? And he goes oh, yeah, I remember you. We went out for a bit. And friendship pretty much hit it off from there."

"So you two didn't have any hard feelings about your break up in high school?" Jungkook asks, cradling the back of Taehyung's head so it doesn't lay at an awkward angle to prevent his friend from getting a crick in his neck.

Seokjin shakes his head. "No. Our relationship was just the result of a fleeting crush, anyway. It would have ended much worse if we had dated any longer."

Jungkook nods. "I see."

Seokjin yawns again. "Okay, I forfeit. I'm too tired. See you later."

"Victory is mine!" Jungkook giggles, and Seokjin smiles at him.

"You are adorable."

Flustered, Jungkook looks away, the sound of laughter reaching his ears. "I'm not that cute," he grumbles. Seokjin logs off, and Jungkook closes his laptop as well, carrying Taehyung to his bed and dropping him on the springy mattress before lying down next to his friend.

He falls into a blissful sleep at 3:12 with the gentle sound of Taehyung's breathing in his ears.

。。。

A/N: sorry if this is shit, it's almost 11:30 here and I didn't proofread and I am very tired (I'm not much of a night person)

I hope you guys liked this chapter, though! You got a little bit of background info. Any comments and votes are greatly appreciated, thank you!