twenty-eight

Seokjin pins Jungkook against the wall, eyes narrowing maliciously. "You're disgusting," he hisses. "Why would you try to kiss me? I don't like you, and I never will."

"I'm sorry," is all Jungkook can say as Seokjin's knuckles dig into his throat. He attempts to push the elder away, but the pressure on his throat increases and he struggles to suck in oxygen. "Hyung, please, stop, it hurts—"

Seokjin grabs Jungkook by his shirt collar and flings him to the ground, teeth bared in a snarl. A strangled cry is ripped from Jungkook's throat as Seokjin's foot comes into contact with his stomach and knocks the air out of him. As the older male continues kicking him, Jungkook finds himself unable to scream for help. He curls up into a ball when Taehyung shows up, jeering, "That's what you deserve. Seokjin hyung hates you."

"No," Jungkook tries to say, but nothing comes out.

No no no no Seokjin hyung doesn't hate me—

"Just get out of our lives, and everyone will be happy," Seokjin spits, and brings his foot down onto Jungkook's face.

Jungkook awakens with a gasp, heart thudding deafeningly loud and terror churning in his chest. His breaths come out shallow and rapid, and it takes Jungkook over five minutes for his breathing to return to normal, although his cheeks are now wet with tears.

Wiping away the moisture on his face, Jungkook exits the warm vicinity of his bed sheets and grabs his phone before heading to the kitchen and calling Taehyung with trembling fingers.

When Taehyung answers, he sounds like he's been giggling and definitely awake. "Hey, Kookie."

"Tae," Jungkook starts, wetting his lips, unsure of what to say, "I... I had a nightmare."

"Oh," Taehyung answers. The laughter in his voice has disappeared. "About what?"

"About Seokjin hyung."

"What happened?" Taehyung's voice is hesitant, as if frightened of scaring him.

"He— He was mad at me." Jungkook feels like crying.

"Why?"

"Because I tried to kiss him."

"...Oh."

"I didn't tell you, did I?"

"Tell me what?" Taehyung sounds alarmed. "Did you actually try to kiss him?"

Pause.

"Yeah."

"Damn."

"Yeah." Jungkook sighs. "I don't think he was very happy about it."

"That... kind of sucks."

"Yeah, it does."

"So you had a nightmare about that?" Taehyung asks after a few seconds.

"Not that, exactly, but Seokjin hyung was— He was really mad at me," Jungkook breathes. "He said I was disgusting for trying to kiss him, and that he'd never like me—" He furiously wipes away his tears, angry at himself for crying. "And you were there, too— You said that Seokjin hyung hated me—"

"He doesn't hate you."

"He might," Jungkook chokes out, squeezing his eyes shut. "He p-probably does."

"No, he doesn't— Jungkook, please don't cry." Taehyung's voice is hushed now. "No one hates you for anything, Kookie. Especially not Seokjin hyung; I don't think he hates anyone." There's a pause before he adds, "Do you want me to come over?"

"Yes, please."

"I'll be there in ten minutes." Some shuffling can be heard from the other end. "Is it okay if Jimin comes over, too? He's here with me and I don't want to leave him alone."

"Sure."

"Don't fall asleep, okay? Eat some food, or watch TV or something."

"Okay."

"Good. See you in a bit."

"See you."

Jungkook ends up sitting there, fiddling with the hem of his tee shirt, until his doorbell rings. He shuffles to the door and sinks into Taehyung's arms the moment the boy comes into view, unwilling to let go even as the two awkwardly make their way to the sofa followed by Jimin. He pulls his knees to his chest and leans into Taehyung as the elder wraps his arms around him with gentle murmurs of it's fine, I'm here now.

Although grateful for Taehyung coming to his house at two in the morning, the dull burn of regret in his chest is still gnawing at him. Why did he even try to kiss Seokjin? He had even said that looking at Jungkook romantically would be strange.

"I ruined everything."

"No, you didn't—"

"Seokjin hyung won't even want to be friends with me now," sniffs Jungkook. "He told me that I— that it would be weird for us to be dating— but I didn't listen and almost kissed him—"

"But you didn't kiss him, right?" Taehyung asks softly. "So it's okay."

"But he knew that I was going to kiss him!" Jungkook cries. "I told him that there was something on his face or something like that but I don't think he believed me and now everything is ruined because I'm an idiot—"

"Jungkook, seriously," Taehyung sighs. "Nothing is ruined."

Half an hour ticks by until Jungkook has calmed down. He lets out a loud, sleepy yawn as Taehyung pulls him up and leads him into his bedroom, helping him into bed. "Stay with me," Jungkook mumbles, unable to keep his eyelids open.

"Okay," Taehyung nods, and rhythmically pats Jungkook's hand until the boy falls asleep. Letting out a yawn of his own, he goes into the living room, where Jimin is laying on the sofa, half-asleep. "Jiminnie, wake up. You're going to get a crick in your neck."

Jimin sits up. "Are we going back to your place now?"

"I'm probably going to crash the car if I try driving," Taehyung laughs. "I'm exhausted. Let's just stay here for the night. I'll go get some blankets." After returning with a few blankets and a couple of pillows, he spreads them out on the ground and the two curl up on the carpeted floor under a blanket. "Night, Jiminnie," he whispers, tangling his fingers in the elder's hair.

Jimin's fingers involuntarily curl around Taehyung's arm as he drifts off to sleep.

"Good night."

。。。

A/N: idk what this chapter was? it was kinda shit lmao sorry

but VMIN YELL HEAH

anyway see ya later folks :P