five

Jungkook awakens the next morning to find Taehyung pressed to his side, face nestled in the crook of Jungkook's neck. He finds himself blushing when Taehyung's teeth graze the sensitive skin, as it's a rather intimate gesture reserved for couples— which the two are not, for the record. The farthest Taehyung has gone was slapping Jungkook's butt— but all in good fun.

Jungkook manages to wriggle out of Taehyung's vice-like grip, heading to the bathroom to brush his teeth. After exiting the bathroom he makes himself a bowl of cereal and sits at the table, happily munching down some Cocoa Puffs. Taehyung walks into the kitchen just as Jungkook is finishing his breakfast, eyes still sluggish with sleep. "Good morning," Jungkook says cheerfully, and Taehyung merely ruffles the younger's hair in response as he walks by. After finishing his breakfast, Taehyung finally speaks.

"When did I fall asleep last night?"

"A little after midnight," Jungkook replies, eyeing the bit of milk lingering on Taehyung's upper lip.

"When did you fall asleep?"

"Ah, about 3:00."

Taehyung's mouth falls open. "3:00? Are you insane? Your whole sleep schedule is going to get fucked up— what time is it— it's a little past 10:00. You got less than seven hours of sleep!"

Jungkook shrugs. "It's fine."

"It's not!" Taehyung says, shaking his head. "If you keep this up, you're going to die earlier."

"Tae—"

"It's true."

The two boys stare at each other for a while before Jungkook gets up. "You need to leave soon," he mutters, gathering the dirty dishes into his hands and walking into the kitchen to place them in the sink. "Don't you have an interview today?"

"Oh yeah," Taehyung says, nodding in agreement. "I forgot." He glances at Jungkook's hands, which are rinsing off the bowls to put in the dishwasher, before adding, "Honestly, what would I do without you?" He wraps his arms around Jungkook's shoulder's and presses a kiss to the boy's temple.

Jungkook squirms away, pulling a face. "You wouldn't have a job."

"That's true."

。。。

Jungkook pulls out his phone, tired after several hours of running errands. All he wants to do is curl up on the couch and watch a couple of episodes of It's Okay, It's Love. But he frowns when he sees several texts from Taehyung.

Pabo Tae: do u ever feel like ur a piece of shit lol me too

And then fifteen minutes later:

Pabo Tae: jungkook pls reply

Pabo Tae: jungkppk

Pabo Tae: pleasw

Kookie my love 💕: Tae, what's wrong?

Kookie my love 💕: Are you okay?

Pabo Tae: i dont knoe kookie

Pabo Tae: im scared

Pabo Tae: my job interbiew went hprribly, and mrs huang from the bakery had a strpke, and i just

Pabo Tae: i feel like everything is my failt

Kookie my love 💕: It's not your fault, Tae.

Pabo Tae: im so scared, jungkookk

Pabo Tae: im so fucking terrified

Kookie my love 💕: I'm calling you.

"Tae," Jungkook says gently once Taehyung has picked up, "are you okay?"

"I— I don't know— I'm sorry—" Taehyung is breathing heavily, and Jungkook is worried.

"Are you crying?"

"No," he hears Taehyung reply feebly, amidst his breaths. "I'm scared."

"Tae— Breathe," Jungkook says calmly, trying his best to not panic. "Everything is going to be alright. There's nothing to worry about. I'm here for you. We—" He bites his lip anxiously. "We can eat some of your favorite ice cream sandwiches after and drink some lemonade and watch a drama together— There is absolutely nothing to be scared of, Tae; you got me."

Taehyung's panicked breathing eventually turns to sobs, and then he finally calms down. "Can I come over now?" he asks quietly.

"You don't even need to ask, Tae."

About a half hour later, Jungkook opens the door and Taehyung practically jumps into his arms, nuzzling his face in Jungkook's shoulder. "Fuck," he whispers a few minutes later, pulling away slightly, "I love you so much."

"I love you, too, Tae."

。。。

A/N: I'm practically falling asleep as I write this, I hope it's not too bad lol (I didn't proofread)
ALSO BTS IS COMING TO KCON NY IM SCREAMING
*coughs* sorRY

please comment/ vote if you enjoyed, thank you! see you guys later!