thirty

"Do you have a date or something?"

Jungkook starts at the blunt question, staring at the purple haired girl standing in front of her apartment door as he shuts his door. "Um... No. Just going out to eat with a friend."

Jihyun smirks. "Really? You look awfully nervous to be going out with a friend."

Jungkook avoids eye contact. "Well, it's none of your business," he mumbles, cheeks gaining a soft pink tint. "I'm leaving."

"Have fun on your date!" Jihyun calls teasingly as he heads out. Jungkook turns and frowns at her, and she laughs before going into her apartment.

He's not too fond of Jihyun.

。。。

"Jeez, I'm stuffed," Jungkook groans as he exits the restaurant with Seokjin. "I think I ate too much."

"Understandable," the elder laughs. "It was good food."

Jungkook hums in agreement, eyes lighting up in excitement as he spots something in the distance. "Hyung, we should get ice cream!" he exclaims, maybe a little too loudly, since a few heads turn their way.

Seokjin's brows knit together. "Jungkook, it's almost 8:30. It's going to be cold out soon."

"It's never too late to have ice cream," Jungkook argues. "I'm buying some; come if you want." He marches off in the direction of the ice cream cart, a satisfied grin creeping over his lips as he hears Seokjin's footsteps following him.

"God, you're such a child," the elder huffs.

"I'm almost nineteen, actually," Jungkook calmly protests. "I hardly think that's the age of a child."

Seokjin looks puzzled. "Wait, really? When's your birthday?"

"September first."

"That's not too far away," Seokjin gasps. "We should throw you a birthday party!"

Jungkook shakes his head, slightly embarrassed at Seokjin's excitement. "No, it's fine."

"But you're going to be nineteen! That's a pretty big deal, right?"

Jungkook waves the elder off impatiently as he steps up to the cart and asks for a small cone of vanilla ice cream. He fixates his attention on his treat as the two meander down the sidewalk, a comfortable silence settling between them. "You should've gotten some ice cream, too, hyung."

Seokjin shakes his head. "No thanks."

A half hour speeds by, and Jungkook is regretting his decision to buy ice cream; the temperature has significantly dropped, and his cold treat isn't doing anything to keep him warm. He ends up throwing out the last half of it, unable to finish it in this cold weather, and at 9:05, the two boys begin walking home.

"I told you it would get cold out."

Jungkook groans, folding his arms in front of his chest angrily. "Okay, fine, you were right."

Seokjin gently nudges Jungkook with his shoulder, attempting to keep his grin off his face. "Sorry, I couldn't resist."

Jungkook sends his harshest glare at the elder before stubbornly— childishly— refusing to look at him. His heart jumps a little when he suddenly becomes aware of Seokjin's arm pressing against his.