forty-three

The first thing Jungkook does when he wakes up his text Seokjin a cheerful happy birthday message, accompanied by several exclamation points and the overuse of smiley face emojis. He continues texting the elder all throughout the morning, even as he hurries to get ready for his first class, and his eyes are still glued to the screen as he heads out the door.

Seojun and Jihyun are waiting for him, and the brunette greets him with a peck on the cheek and a "Who are you texting?"

"Seokjin hyung," Jungkook replies, glancing up at the two girls. "Today's his birthday!"

"Do you ever stop talking about this Seokjin guy?" Jihyun asks, brushing her newly shortened, bright blonde hair out of her face. "You're always talking about him. If I didn't know better, I would think he's your boyfriend."

Jungkook frowns and opens his mouth, but it's Seojun who gets the words out first. "Shut up, Jihyun."

"What, jealous?" Jihyun teases, dodging a kick from the other girl.

"You're so annoying," Jungkook whines, sending a quick text to Seokjin before slipping it into his pocket. He is about to slide his hand into Seojun's when Jihyun unceremoniously wedges herself between the couple, throwing her arms over their shoulders.

Seojun beams at the pair. "I am fully aware of that, yes."

。。。

"...could change the world." Jungkook's fingers fly across the keyboard as he types out the last sentence of his paper. After giving it a quick glance over, he saves it once, twice, three times before exiting the page and leaning back in his chair and sipping at his mineral water.

His mind wanders over various topics as he cracks his knuckles, and then it hits him.

Big Bang.

Tickets for the concert went on sale seven hours ago.

Jungkook's heart deflates as he hastily goes to the website, knowing that the tickets have most definitely been sold out, and it drops to his toes when he sees that, indeed, they are all sold out. "No..." he moans, hands covering his face. "Why didn't I remember earlier?"

And it seems as if the universe is mocking him when he gets a text from Seokjin that reads:

Seokjin hyung ❤️: hey, did you buy tickets for the big bang concert???

Jungkookie: Nope.

Seokjin hyung ❤️: why?????

Seokjin hyung ❤️: did you forget??

Jungkookie: Yep.

Jungkookie: Fuck my life.

Jungkookie: I'm gonna commit

Seokjin hyung ❤️: don't say things like that!

Jungkookie: You're not my mom.

Seokjin hyung ❤️: I'm not too far from your apartment complex right now, can I come over??

Jungkookie: Sure, but not too long.

Jungkookie: I have to study.

Seokjin hyung ❤️: it won't be long, don't worry!

Jungkookie: Come on over, then. I could use a break.

Seokjin hyung ❤️: see you in a few!