nineteen

"Hyung!" Jungkook exclaims, stomach doing about seventy backflips in a matter of two seconds. "Hi!"

Seokjin glances around and leans in ever so slightly— Jungkook's heart nearly stops— and whispers, "Jungkook, you're yelling."

Heat rushes to the teenager's face as he looks around, seeing that some people are indeed looking their way. He mumbles a "sorry" as the barista calls his name, holding out a cup of iced tea. Taking the chilled cup and nearly dying when Seokjin ruffles his hair, Jungkook finds a table in a corner and waits for the other male to come and sit down with his own order. When Seokjin slides into the seat across from him, Jungkook manages a nervous smile, trying to remain calm by taking a sip of his drink.

"So, what's up?" Seokjin asks, taking a sip of his iced coffee.

Jungkook shrugs. "I don't know... Uh, I was pretty nervous while walking here?"

Seokjin shakes his head, a small laugh escaping his lips as he looks down at his beverage. "You're so cute."

Jungkook groans, hiding his head in his arm. "Hyung, stop," he whines, voice slightly muffled. "Seriously."

Seokjin reaches over, pinching Jungkook's cheek. "You are so cute."

A strangled sort of sound leaves Jungkook's mouth as he wraps his arms more tightly around his head. "Hyung."

"Yes?" Seokjin asks, his voice carrying an amused lilt.

"Please stop it. I'm going to have a heart attack."

When Jungkook dares a peek a few seconds later, Seokjin is grinning at him, sipping his iced coffee. "There's no need to be shy, Jungkookie," he laughs. "We're already friends, relax!"

Reluctantly lifting his head, Jungkook places his mouth on the straw and sucks, relishing in the way the cool liquid flows down his throat to try and distract himself from looking Seokjin. He eventually shoots the elder a hesitant glance and says quietly, "I'm really nervous right now."

Seokjin rests his chin in his hands, a faint smile splayed across his lips. "Why?"

"Because," Jungkook splutters, gesturing to Seokjin, "you're here. You're making me nervous. I—" He locks eyes with the boy. "I want you to like me, hyung. I want to be friends with you."

"We already are friends, Jungkook," Seokjin points out, frowning. "And why wouldn't I like you? I do like you."

"Yeah, but like—" Jungkook wrings his fingers together. "What if I do something stupid, and you think I'm stupid— because I'm a teenager." Panic rapidly bubbles in his stomach. "I'm a teenager, hyung. You're an adult. You already think I'm stupid, don't you? I'm gonna mess this whole thing up and you're never going to like me— God, why did I think this would be a good idea? I'm such an idiot—"

"Jungkook," Seokjin interrupts softly, reaching over the table and wrapping his fingers around Jungkook's hand, "it's fine. I don't think you're stupid, okay? And I never will. Don't worry. Please." Concern is sketched all across Seokjin's face.

Jungkook isn't sure why he's so panicked all of a sudden. He screws his eyes shut, trying to take in deep breaths— Bringing his chin to his chest and clutching the fabric of his shirt tightly, he tries to apologize, but his words don't come out any louder than whispers as he struggles to calm down. He feels an overwhelming urge to cry, yet tears refuse to come out, leaving him with an irrational fear that is eating him up.

He vaguely registers Seokjin getting up, and the urge to cry increases tenfold— He's leaving. He hates me. He sucks in air sharply when he feels warm hands covering his own and a soft voice murmuring something that Jungkook can't really decipher in the state that he's in. Either two or twenty minutes pass until Jungkook has completely calmed down; he has no idea how much time as gone by. He hesitantly opens his eyes to see Seokjin's face mere inches from his. Seokjin's thumb swipes across his cheek, and Jungkook realizes that both of the elder's hands are cupping his face. "You okay?" the elder asks quietly, almost to the point of whispering. Jungkook's face crumples, and he reaches his arms out, extremely grateful when Seokjin wraps his arms around him as well.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook whimpers, burying his face in the elder's shoulder. "I'm really, really sorry. I ruined everything."

"Don't worry about it." Seokjin pulls away a little to see his face, and for a split second Jungkook thinks that he might kiss him. However, he just smiles and adds, "And you didn't ruin anything, Jungkookie. Things like this happen all the time. It's not your fault."

Jungkook really wants to kiss Seokjin right now.

"Thanks," he says in a minuscule voice, palms getting clammy as he realizes that Seokjin's hands are on his waist. Clearing his throat, he asks, "How long was it?"

"The panic attack?" When Jungkook nods, he checks his watch and answers, "About seven minutes."

Not bad.

"Do you want to go outside?" Seokjin offers, arms returning to his sides. "The fresh air might help you."

"Okay."

With their chilled drinks in their hands, the two exit the coffee shop, shoulders brushing. Jungkook is watching a street performer play an electric violin when he feels a hand slip into his, and he whips his head around to see Seokjin looking at him. He glances down at their hands and then back up at Seokjin questioningly, and, with a shrug, the elder answers simply, "I felt like it."

Jungkook can't stop the smile that stretches across his lips.

。。。

A/N: I'll continue their day in the next chapter, don't worry
but yay jinkook! I'm pretty happy w this chapter tbh

also I think a few of you guys haven't read chapter seventeen bc wattpad was being stupid and didn't send out a notification to everyone
so read it now, please :) thanks
I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did, see you guys later!