forty

"Seriously," Seokjin says shakily, shoveling food into Jungkook's mouth, "you need to learn to take care of yourself better."

"Youw hamf ah haykee."

"I have no idea what you just said, don't speak with your mouth full of food." Although trying to sound firm, Seokjin's voice still holds a slight tremor.

Swallowing, Jungkook says, "Your hands are shaking."

"Oh, are they?" A nervous laugh erupts from Seokjin's lips as he stares at his slightly trembling hands. "Yeah, I guess they are."

"I don't know why you were so scared, hyung," Jungkook mutters. "It wasn't like I died or anything."

Seokjin's face pales significantly, and Jungkook is worried for a moment that he might pass out. "Don't say stuff like that," he whispers. He draws in a shaky breath and presses his lips together in an effort to calm himself, handing Jungkook the water bottle. "Don't say stuff like that."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," says Seokjin. "I don't know about you. Eat." He places more food into Jungkook's mouth, clutching the chopsticks tightly.

The teenager swallows the food and examines Seokjin's face. "Seriously, hyung. I just passed out, I'm totally fine now, there's nothing to be worried about—"

"You nearly gave me a heart attack, just collapsing like that," Seokjin croaks. "I look away for one minute, and before I know it, you're on the floor—"

"Hyung."

"—I didn't know what was going on, you could've been dead for all I knew—"

"Hyung."

"—You really need to eat properly, Jungkook. I know you're a college student and all, and you're on a tight budget, but food is of utmost importance. If— If you're ever running low on food, just call me and I'll bring you some, but please don't starve yourself like that—"

"Seokjin hyung, I'm fine, will you stop worrying?" He gently nudges the elder's shoulder. "Seriously. I'm not a child. I can take care of myself."

Seokjin stares at Jungkook for a long time, exhaling quietly as he feeds the teenager another mouthful of food. Then, softly, he says, "You really scared me."

Jungkook swallows his food and purses his lips. "Okay, fine, I'm sorry."

"There's no need to apologize," Seokjin murmurs, glancing at the food before back at Jungkook. "Just make sure you make an effort to eat healthier."

"I'll try," Jungkook smiles. "Ahh."

Seokjin pops an egg roll into the boy's mouth, giggling at the absurd appearance of his puffed out cheeks. A sudden thought seems to occur to him as he blinks a few times, and asks, "Have you heard anything from Jimin yet?"

Jungkook frowns. "I asked him about Tae asking him if they wanted to date, but he just told me to just leave it as that he doesn't want to date him— There's something else that Jimin hyung isn't telling us."

"Hm." Seokjin's brow is creased. "Should I ask him?"

"I don't know," Jungkook says with a slight shake of his head. "I think we should wait a bit before either getting Tae to ask him again or asking him ourselves."

Seokjin nods. "Okay."

"Cool."

"Oh," Seokjin starts suddenly, "what were you telling me earlier, right before you fainted? I think it was something about Seojun?"

"Oh, yeah." An involuntary toothy grin stretches across Jungkook's face. "Okay, so— I'm not completely sure if this is true or not, and don't freak out or anything, but, uh..."

"Yes?"

Deep breath.

"I think I like Seojun noona?"

。。。

A/N: wHOoOoOoo
character development !! (although not necessarily in a good direction whElp)

sorry this chap was a bit short, I couldn't think of anything else and I really wanted to update ://

any votes and comments would be greatly appreciated, and as usual excuse any typos, please and thank you!!!