forty-five

The moment Seokjin enters the apartment, Jungkook sinks into his arms and buries his face into his shoulder. The elder doesn't say much, instead murmuring gentle words of comfort into the distressed boy's ear.

"She dumped me," is the first coherent sentence Jungkook says almost a half hour later as the two lie on the ground in the living room. "She fucking dumped me."

Seokjin sighs and runs his hand through Jungkook's hair for what seems to be the billionth time. "I'm sorry." When the teenager proceeds to press himself into Seokjin's side, he laughs gently and wraps his arms around the younger boy. "You're so cute."

Jungkook visibly stiffens. "Don't say that," he says, strained voice muffled by the fabric of Seokjin's sweater. "Noona used to call me that."

"Oh." Jungkook, whose eyes are closed, misses the elder's momentarily crestfallen expression before it brightens back up and he suggests, "Come on, Jungkookie, let's do something fun so you don't ruin your day by wallowing in self-pity."

Jungkook looks up, brow creased. "I'm not wallowing in—"

"We should go to the park."

"It's cold out."

"But we'd be getting fresh air."

"Yeah, and freeze our lungs."

Seokjin runs a hand over his face exasperatedly. "Okay, fine, lets just stay in." He pokes Jungkook's cheek. "Come on, cheer up. Who needs Seojun, anyway? You got me! I love you!"

Jungkook snorts. "No thanks, I'm not interested."

"I'm offended," Seokjin says dramatically, placing a hand over his heart and feigning mock hurt. "I thought you loved me."

Shaking his head, Jungkook manages a giggle and says, "No, sorry. Maybe you misread the signs."

"Hmph." Seokjin wraps his arms around Jungkook's shoulders and queries, "What did you like about Seojun, anyway?"

Jungkook sighs. "Everything."

"Well," Seokjin chuckles, "that sort of defeats the purpose of me asking, yeah? I don't know anything about her except for the fact that she likes baking. Tell me more."

"Well," Jungkook begins, fingers curling around Seokjin's arm, "she's pretty. Like, really pretty. Beautiful. She's got these gorgeous eyes; they're nice and round, and when she smiles, they crinkle up and it's so adorable." Jungkook looks up at Seokjin to find him staring at him with an amused smile on his face. "What?"

"Nothing. Continue."

"Okay." Jungkook nuzzles a little closer to Seokjin, relishing in the elder's warmth. "She has a really pretty nose, too; it's nice and straight, and not too pointy either. And," Jungkook sighs, "she has really nice lips." He blinks a few times. "She has really soft lips. Soft, and pink, and pretty. Nice, full lips."

"What about— uh, her personality?" Seokjin questions. "I think I've heard enough about how beautiful she is."

Lips upturning in a smile, Jungkook continues, "She's really sweet. And she's really patient, too, especially with Jihyun noona. Oh, and she really likes Mario— anything Mario-related, really. And Hello Kitty. She had a lot of Hello Kitty stuff in her bedroom. It was cute."