thirty-nine

"Hyung, come on! You're so slow!"

"No, I'm not. You're just running."

Jungkook rolls his eyes and unlocks the door to his apartment. "Whatever, grandpa."

Seokjin scoffs at the nickname, putting his pillowcase half full of candy on the floor. "Let's trade some, I got a lot of candy I don't like," he says, pulling the orange pumpkin headpiece off his head.

"Wait, hyung, do the thing one last time," Jungkook giggles, placing his bag on the floor next to Seokjin's pillowcase.

Grinning, Seokjin loosely places the headpiece back on his head and says, "Hello! I'm Seokjin, your forever pumpkin!" When Jungkook clutches his stomach, frame shaking with peals of laughter, Seokjin adds, "I really don't know why you find that so funny."

Jungkook shakes his head, laughter slowly subsiding. "Me neither. It's just really cute."

"Whoaaa," Seokjin says in disbelief, "you're calling me cute? What is this? When did the roles switch?"

Jungkook snorts, dumping all of his candy on the floor. "I'm not calling you cute, hyung. Just that forever pumpkin thing."

"Nope," Seokjin protests as he spills his sweets down as well, "you already said it: I'm cute. You can't take it back."

Jungkook rolls his eyes. "You're so stubborn."

"Anyway," Seokjin says cheerfully, scanning Jungkook's pile, "give me all your Reese's."

"No, I like those!"

"Darn it."

。。。

Jungkook doesn't know when they fell asleep, but he wakes up with his head resting on Seokjin's chest, with all the lights still on and sweets spread out on the floor. He gently shakes the elder to awaken him.

Seokjin groggily opens his eyes. "Huh?"

Jungkook checks his phone. "It's four in the morning, hyung. We fell asleep on the floor."

"Oh."

"Come on, you can sleep in my bed," Jungkook says, taking his lensless glasses off.

"Aww," Seokjin pouts when Jungkook tugs off his tie, "I liked my cute little Detective Kookie."

"Stop calling me that," Jungkook grumbles, cheeks flushing pink. "It's embarrassing."

"Oh, teenagers," Seokjin says, wrapping his arms around Jungkook's shoulders, "they think everything is embarrassing." He presses the side of his face against Jungkook's. "You looked cute, though."

Jungkook's cheeks are on fire.

"You could've gone as a tomato if your face stayed that red the whole night," Seokjin jokes, merely making Jungkook's face flush a darker shade of crimson.

The teenager brushes Seokjin's arms off him as he quickly flicks the switches down, blanketing the apartment in darkness. Seokjin uses his phone as a flashlight to find Jungkook, and grabs his hand as the two make their way to Jungkook's bedroom.

"Do you want something to change into?" Jungkook asks. "I don't think sleeping in fleece clothes would be very comfortable."

Seokjin pulls at his shirt. "Yeah, it's not. I'm already sweating. I'll stick with the pants, it's just this shirt. It's too hot."

Jungkook digs through his dresser and tosses a large blue shirt over his shoulder. "This should fit you."

"Cool, thanks." Seokjin turns around and slips his orange shirt off, and Jungkook can't help but stare at him because, fuck, he has amazingly broad shoulders. He hastily turns back around to face his dresser when Seokjin has put on his shirt, and plucks out more comfortable clothes to sleep in, heading to the bathroom to change. When he returns to his room, Seokjin is laying on his bed, looking at something on his phone.