twenty

Seokjin and Jungkook toss their now empty plastic cups into a nearby trash can before continuing down the sidewalk.

Seokjin is still holding Jungkook's hand.

"Uh, Jungkook..." Seokjin suddenly says, staring up at the sky.

Jungkook looks up to see what the matter is, worried when he sees great, dark clouds forming. "Is it going to rain?" he asks.

"...Probably."

A drizzle starts, and less than thirty seconds later, turns into a heavy downpour. With a yelp, Seokjin tightens his grip on Jungkook's hand and drags him into a nearby store to wait out the rain. "This sucks," Jungkook mutters.

Seokjin just sighs, letting go of Jungkook's hand and resting his elbow on the younger's shoulder. He glances around and mutters, "I guess we could buy an umbrella. They probably have umbrellas here, right?"

"I have a better idea," Jungkook suggests, a mischievous grin slowly creeping across his face.

A few minutes later, the two boys end up sitting on the ground in the cleaning supplies aisle, several packs of breath mints and a bottle of orange juice sitting between them. "I'm still really confused," Seokjin says, staring at the items. "What is this even for?"

"Just listen," Jungkook giggles, excitement bubbling up in his stomach. "So basically, whoever can eat the most breath mints wins. The loser has to drink orange juice."

"That's it?" Seokjin asks. "Is there a time limit or something?"

Jungkook shakes his head, tapping his fingers against his knees excitedly. "Nope."

"Then we could be eating these for hours."

"Oh, there's a limit to how many breath mints you can eat before your tongue feels like it's on fire, believe me," Jungkook laughs. "I've lost to Tae too many times to count."

"Okay," Seokjin agrees, not entirely convinced. "Good luck, I guess."

"You, too."

The two each pop a mint into their mouths at once, Jungkook excitedly and Seokjin skeptically.

Approximately hour passes, and Seokjin looks as though he's in pain. "I feel like my tongue is being pierced by thousands of little tiny needles," he whimpers. "How are you not dying?"

Jungkook shrugs. "I kind of am, but years of losing to Tae have made me better at this. Sucks for you," he adds, cackling.

"Jungkook," Seokjin groans, lightly hitting the younger's arm, "don't mock me, I'm suffering."

A gleeful yell escapes Jungkook's lips as he happily claps his hands together. "I'm gonna win!"

And then Seokjin suddenly smiles at him, reaching up and ruffling his hair. "You're so cute."

He pushes Seokjin's hands away as a soft blush dusts his cheeks, exhaling quietly. "So, uh..." Jungkook clears his throat. "Do you give up?"

"...Yeah," Seokjin admits reluctantly. "I can't eat any more."

Uncontrollable giggles burst forth Jungkook's lips as he pushes the bottle of orange juice towards Seokjin. "You have to drink this now!" He watches as Seokjin hesitantly opens the bottle and brings it to his lips, slowly, carefully tipping it back. Seokjin suddenly makes a choked sound, clamping his hand over his mouth and staring at Jungkook in horror. "You have to drink it," Jungkook urges, but Seokjin furiously shakes his head. "You have to," he protests, stifling a laugh as Seokjin screws his eyes shut and swallows the juice.