thirteen

11:31.

Taehyung's face is buried in the crook of Jungkook's neck, his warm breath hitting the younger's neck at steady intervals.

"He promised he would stay up until at least midnight," Jungkook muses. "He's not much of a night person."

"Yeah, I can see that," Seokjin laughs, biting into an apple. "You two are cute."

Jungkook groans. "Hyung, Tae and I just friends—"

"Shhhh," Seokjin interrupts. "Don't ruin my shipping feels."

"I swear to god—"

"Jungkook, please. I need to focus on my OTP."

"Well, half of your OTP is talking to you, so..."

"Mmm, I suppose so," Seokjin muses. Moments of dead silence pass before laughs burst from the boys' lips, loud and ringing.

"You're so weird, hyung."

"I can't deny that." A fond smile stretches across Seokjin's face. "Your laugh is really cute, Jungkookie."

Jungkook flattens his bangs and averts his eyes, embarrassed. "You're, like— flirting."

Seokjin cocks his head to the side, puzzled. "Am I really?"

"Well, yeah," Jungkook mumbles, heat rushing to his cheeks. "People don't normally just compliment others out of the blue unless they're flirting."

"Well," Seokjin says, an amused smile tugging at the corners of his lips, "would you not like me to flirt with you? Do you not like me?"

"No, no," Jungkook says hastily, "I like you— I mean— Not like that—" His heart is racing as he tries to collect his thoughts.

"Jungkookie," Seokjin chortles, sending the younger's stomach into a series of flips, "there's no need to get all flustered. I'm just teasing."

"Right," says Jungkook, a little breathlessly. "S-Sorry."

"What are you apologizing for?" questions Seokjin. "It's fine. Don't feel bad."

"Okay," mumbles Jungkook, still thoroughly embarrassed.

Taehyung suddenly stirs, moving so that he's laying in Jungkook's lap. With a mutter of "one sec" to Seokjin, Jungkook turns around and places Taehyung on his bed, making sure to leave his feet exposed when pulling the sheets over him. He turns back around and straightens out his shirt with a glance up at Seokjin, who's taking another bite of his apple.

"Are you getting sleepy?"

Jungkook shakes his head. "No." He grins mischievously. "Why? Are you?"

Seokjin snorts. "No way. I was just wondering."

Jungkook merely shakes his head skeptically. Something behind Seokjin catches his eye, and he squints. "Hyung, what's that? On your shelf? The red thing?"

An knowing chuckle leaves Seokjin's lips as he gets up and picks up the object; as Seokjin sits back down, Jungkook can see that it's—

"A Mario plushie," Seokjin explains. "It's my favorite."

Jungkook lets out a bark of laughter. "A plushie?" he exclaims. "That's so childish."

"Shut up," Seokjin says unabashedly, playfully rolling his eyes. "It's my favorite."

"Really?" Jungkook is in disbelief. "I can't believe that you, of all people—"

"Kookie."

Jungkook stops speaking, startled, as he turns to look at Taehyung. The boy is squinting at him, frowning. "You're being so noisy," he grumbles. "I can't sleep."

"Then don't," is Jungkook's snarky response, eliciting a snort from Seokjin.

"Jungkook," whines Taehyung, "seriously. I want to sleep."

Jungkook sighs loudly and pulls a face at Seokjin. "I guess I have to go."

"I guess I win, then," Seokjin says happily.

"No, you don't!" Jungkook protests. "This doesn't count. It's Tae's fault. It's not my f—"

"Too bad," Seokjin interrupts. "I win."

Jungkook glares at the elder. "Fine. See you later. Have fun with your stupid plushie."

"It's not stupid," Seokjin laughs. "And see you later, sweet dreams!"

Jungkook flushes pink. "B-Bye."

The call disconnects, and Jungkook swaps his jeans for sweatpants before climbing into his bed next to Taehyung.

"Dude, you're in love with him."

"Am not!" Jungkook cries out adamantly. "I just... think he's very attractive."

Taehyung laughs and stretches, rubbing his eye. "You're head over heels for him."

"I'm not!"

Taehyung snuggles next to Jungkook, eyes fluttering shut. "Turn off the light, babe."

"Don't call me that!"

"Just turn off the fucking light, Jungkook."

Click.

The room is engulfed in darkness.

"You're a dick, but I love you."

"Why am I a dick?"

"You didn't turn off the light the first time I told you to."

"Oh, I'm sorry, mother."

"You're an ass."

"Thanks."

"And they say you are what you eat."

"Eww— Tae, what the hell! I don't—"

"Love you, Kookie."

"Ugh."

"Jungkook."

"Fine... I love you, too."

。。。

A/N: idfk what I'm writing at this point but like who doesn't like a bit of bff!taekook and flirty seokjin?