twenty-six

Seokjin hyung ❤️: Jungkookie!!!!!

Jungkookie: Yes?

Seokjin hyung ❤️: the wifi at my parents' house is surprisingly good today!

Seokjin hyung ❤️: we should skype!

Jungkookie: Now?

Seokjin hyung ❤️: yes, please!

Seokjin hyung ❤️: I don't know when the wifi is going to be this good again in the next few days

Seokjin hyung ❤️: and I want to see you!

Jungkookie: Okay, fine

Jungkookie: But I'm warning you, I don't look that great

Seokjin hyung ❤️: don't be stupid, Kookie

Seokjin hyung ❤️: you always look great

Seokjin hyung ❤️: anyway

Seokjin hyung ❤️: have you logged into skype yet? I'm calling you!

Jungkookie: Yeah

Jungkook accepts the call and waits for it to connect, a nervous kind of anticipation building in his stomach. Why is he so anxious to see him?

The younger boy nearly has a heart attack when Seokjin pops up onto the screen. The elder male's hair is wet and hanging into his eyes, a thin tee shirt clinging to him in spots that Jungkook wouldn't have noticed otherwise. "Hi, Jungkookie!"

"Hey," Jungkook replies somewhat breathlessly, trying not to stare too much at Seokjin's dripping locks.

"Sorry about this," Seokjin says, pushing his hair out of his eyes. "I just got out of the shower."

"Y-Yeah, no problem."

"You look cute, by the way," Seokjin muses, "I don't know why you said you don't."

Jungkook flattens his bangs against his forehead. "I don't look good when I'm tired."

"You look cuter, if anything," is Seokjin's blunt response, making Jungkook's cheek flush.

"Don't be ridiculous."

"I'm not!" Seokjin smiles fondly, leaning forward and resting his chin in his hand. "You are very cute."

"Why are you flirting with me?" are the words that Jungkook blurts out. He immediately regrets them, heat rushing to his cheeks.

"I'm not flirting," Seokjin says, blinking in confusion. "Am I?"

"Yeah, k-kind of."

"Oh," Seokjin's eyes widen a little. "Sorry, I guess I just do things like that subconsciously."

"W-With me, or...?"

"What?"

"Do you flirt subconsciously with everyone or just me?" Jungkook swallows, heart pounding. Why is he so nervous?

"Everyone, I think," Seokjin replies after some thought. "I mean, don't take it the wrong way, I'm not actually flirting with you; you're still a little kid."

Disappointment punches Jungkook in the gut. "I'm not a little kid," he says, forcing a laugh. "I'm eighteen."

"You're still a baby, though," Seokjin giggles, pushing his hair out of his eyes again— Jungkook's stomach does about seventy somersaults.

"Why don't you take me seriously?" Jungkook asks. His voice has a slight whine to it, and he hopes it doesn't sound annoying.

"No, I do," Seokjin says. "I just— I wouldn't flirt with you purposely, it would be weird." He shakes his head. "Looking at you romantically is just— bizarre. Sorry if you thought I was flirting."

Jungkook's heart sinks, but he plasters a smile on his face. "Yeah, dating you would be gross."

"Gross?" Seokjin laughs. "That's not very nice." He excuses himself for a moment, returning with a towel to dry off his hair. "We should meet up the day I come back. Five days left."

"Five?" Jungkook questions. "I thought it was four."

Seokjin pauses to think. "Oh... Yeah, you're right. Four days." He beams. "Jungkookie, have you been counting?"

"No."

"You have, haven't you?"

"No."

"Don't lie, Kookie."

"I'm not." Jungkook's face flushes red as silence drags on between them. "Okay, maybe I have."

"Jeon Jungkook, you are adorable."

。。。

Jungkookie: When are you actually coming back? Like what time?

Seokjin hyung ❤️: I'm already here, actually!

Jungkookie: Really?

Jungkookie: We should meet up tomorrow!

Seokjin hyung ❤️: why not now?

Jungkookie: It's already 10:15 :/

Seokjin hyung ❤️: aren't you still out, tho?

Jungkookie: ...

Jungkookie: How did you know that?

Seokjin hyung ❤️: look up

"Hyung!"

。。。

A/N: this was such a shitty chapter I'm so sorry I just wanted to update but I'm having such horrible writer's block oh god

I've been feeling so insecure about my writing lately but I don't know what to do, so please give me feedback, anything, about my writing, any ways I can improve

and I have a question about this fic. would u guys mind if it was longer? bc I had this idea in mind that involved making this pretty long, maybe almost 40 (or even 50?) chapters?

anyway, thank you guys so much for reading this subpar chapter, see you next time I update!