Chapter 1

I think the worst part about my trivial life was the constant job change. I couldn't for the life of me, hold one down for more than a year. It was quite sad actually. Of course I had mommy and daddy money to fall back on considering my parents were loaded, but loaded parents also meant snobs, and I'd like to think of myself as far from that. But I was however grateful for the connections, when you throw a well known last name around offers roll in, no matter what you were previously fired for. Maybe I was more of a drifter, unsatisfied with everything about my life, but you know, what are your twenties for if not to find yourself? Twenty-three to be exact. God, twenty-three years old and still unable to keep nutritional foods in my fridge, I thought to myself while skimming over the empty freezer as well. I was moving out, and moving on to a new job in New York, a fancy law firm smack in the middle of the island that paid well and had benefits. Maybe I could hold this one down. They of course reached out to me after hearing from a little bird (my parents) that I was looking for a new job. I, of course, accepted and now here I am, packing a pathetically small clutter of boxes into my old pick up truck and whisking off from the outskirts of Pennsylvania to New York City. It's amazing that my whole life could fit into seven standard size moving boxes. I sighed standing in the doorway of my little apartment and reminiscing on what little memories I had here. Then I shut the door, ready for the next adventure.

About thirty minutes into my journey, I realized my radio wasn't working. That definitely would have been something to put on the check list of things to do before taking another road trip. You would think I'd know better by now. I mentally slap myself.

Close to an hour in and I'm bored out of my fucking mind. I had tried playing games with myself, like count the number of red cars I saw, but I lost count. Then I tried to play the license plate game, but I suck at that one too. Short attention span and all. I sigh out loud deciding to sing to myself,

"Heeeeey Joe! I said where you going with that gun in your hands?" I begin but am cut short from a ding from my phone. I reach for it, eager for a distraction. It was from my mother,

"Sum, I can't wait to see you. Let me know when you get in so we can go for dinner! Love, Mom." I processed it over and over again dreading what it would be like when I got roped into an awkward dinner at an expensive restaurant that I would most definitely be grossly under dressed for. In the process of my thinking about what to text back, I had failed to realize a car had stopped in front of me. I slammed on the breaks, just a few seconds too late. I dinged the back of their black Audi. Fuck me. That's an expensive car. My heart was pounding as I drew in a shaky breath. The owner of the car opened their door and stepped out. He wore a white button down shirt tucked into black slacks. The top few buttons of his shirt were unclasped, I honestly couldn't help the drool. I stared at him and the whole world came to a halt. He had dark curly hair that was overgrown but in a sexy, not too long kind of way, tan skin and piercing blue eyes. He was painfully good looking. Upon ogling him I realized that he was knocking on my window. I hurriedly unbuckled my seat belt and swung the door open. I gave him a once over, suddenly feeling very self conscious of my thrown together outfit consisting of fabric shorts, that also doubled as pajama shorts; my favorite type of clothing, and a white tee shirt. My hair was pulled up into a pony tail that cascaded down my back and probably had stray hairs standing up all over considering I'd barely ran a brush through it this morning.

"I am so sorry! Fuck! Shit, I didn't mean to cuss. I promise that in normal situations I am not like this." I said inspecting his car, barely even a scratch. I stand up putting one hand on my hip and placing the other over my eyes shading them from the glaring sun. He stared at me, not responding to anything I had said. "Hello?" I said cocking my head to the side.

"You should've been watching what you were doing." he said flatly. His voice deep with boredom. "I mean what were you doing? Texting? That could've been a bad accident young lady." He said sternly. Young lady? I twirled the end of my ponytail feeling like teen being disciplined by my sexy principle, a little turned on.

"I wasn't texting, I just wasn't paying attention for like two seconds and you decided to stop dead in the middle of the road. Calm down, I barley touched your precious car." I say with a roll of my eyes. He scoffed.

"I could sue you for everything you own. You realize that, right kid?" What an arrogant ass.

"Summer." I say shortly, walking around him and back to my car. He looked confused. "That's my name, and I'm actually twenty three." I say, challenging him to say another smart ass comment.

"Sure don't look it, or act it.." He stated coming around where I was standing to face me. Oh those fucking eyes will be the death of me. He crossed his muscular arms over his chest. Hot.

"Hate to break it ya pal, but you don't look much older than me." I reply. He smirks.

"I'm twenty five."

"Oh big deal you've got two years on me, should I inform the nursing home of your arrival Mr...?" I retorted.

"Beau, and if you wanted my name all you had to do was ask." He replied smugly. I was about to comeback with a witty remark when my radio turned on, by it's self. (It has a habit of doing that from time to time.) The volume of the static radio station caused me to jump and spin on my heel to reach in my window and quickly turn it down. I coughed embarrassed. He was holding in a laugh.

"You should really get that fixed." He said simply and turned to walk away. I watched him walk his perfect ass back to his car while chewing my thumb nail and picturing the things I would to do to him if I ever got the chance. He gave me a side glance and winked catching me checking him out. I jumped into my car, embarrassed. By the time I got to starting up the ignition, his car had already sped off.

I finally made it to New York City. While I did remember how big it was, it seemed like over the past year it doubled in size since my last visit. The buildings towered over my pick up truck and I. We were caught in a long line of traffic; I certainly did not miss this. I prop my elbow on the door frame and rested my chin in my palm.

I finally reached my New York apartment. My parents had arranged for me to have one in almost every state whenever I switched jobs. Just their way of tracking my very move. After parking my car on the street, I walked up the steps reaching under the pot that held the house key. The apartment was nice, a little bigger than my last one, expensive furniture had already been planted neatly and random paintings and plants had been strategically placed around the living room and kitchen. As much as I hated the whole 'let me take care of everything in your life' aspect of my relationship with my parents, I had to give it to them, they had good taste and knew me very well. I sighed and carried my boxes in one by one.

It took me about an hour to fully unpack, by that time it was eight and I figured I'd need to eat considering there wasn't any food in my new fridge yet.

I picked up the phone and call the nearest pizza place, maybe that hot guy I ran into (literally) would deliver it to me.