Chapter 3

The aroma of candles wafted around my bathroom. I had just gotten out of the shower when I stopped in front of the mirror to analyze my naked body. My skin was a rich olive color. My dark blonde hair fell down my back. I had nice legs, toned but not too muscular. My breasts were slightly under developed. Fuck me right. Altogether I had a nice build. Not skinny but not fat.

Admiring myself turned into finding imperfections with myself and then turned into why was I such a failure at relationships. I shifted sideways and further inspected what could be wrong with me. I mean, I was pretty fucking snarky. Maybe that's what's scaring them away after one night of meaningless sex. Maybe it's the fact that its meaningless. It's not like I ever saw a future with any of the guys I'd ever slept with and there had been quite a few. But it still would have been nice if one would've at least tried to sustain a healthy relationship. I mean do I just scream tramp? It seems as though they're fine fucking me until we actually had a real conversation in which I bring out my personality aside from a sex vixen and they slowly drift away. Not that I even wanted more from them, besides sex, at least I think I didn't. I sighed wrapping a towel around my body and blowing out the candles. My room was muggy, everywhere in the apartment was like a sauna because the air conditioner had broken, and it would take a week to fix. I wrapped my hair in a towel as I pulled on some shorts and a tank top. My stomach growled just as I'd entered the kitchen. I hadn't even realized I was hungry, still hadn't bought any real food for my fridge I settled for left over pizza.

Ultimately my week had been very boring, it consisted of; Sleeping, and working. Nothing exciting had happened all week and I was starting to get antsy. Beau or Leo, I think I'll just call him Beau, was being his same arrogant self. I had finally gotten a desk, but it faced him all day. So he caught me doing everything. I had suggested making it into a cubicle for my privacy, to which he responded with a laugh, and a; "But then how will I know you're getting work done?" He was kind of an asshole. Kind of?  Sorry, I meant the biggest asshole I'd ever met. Me and him barely conversed unless it had to do with work which was so boring, but I did get his number. (Only so he could call me in the morning to let me know what coffee he wanted me to bring him.) I needed something fun to happen in my life, or I was going to freak out.

"How was lunch?" I heard a voice, startling me as I put my bag down. It was Beau's.

"Fine?" I say giving him a weird look. I sat down at my computer and clicked it to life.

"Just trying to make conversation." He said absentmindedly. I looked up at him. I was wearing a grey button down shirt and a black tie. His hair wasn't slicked back today, it looked natural.

"I like your hair like that." I say simply, and look back down at the expense reports he'd given me earlier to alphabetize.

"Thanks." He chuckled.

"Welcome." I say curtly, and got up to file the report. I could feel his eyes on me as I walked over to the filing cabinet. He often watched me walk around to file reports, but never said anything. Beau's eyes felt sexy on me, even though we hardly talked besides some snide comments here and awkward stares there. I decided to have a little fun, I bent over seductively opening the bottom drawer. I heard him cough. I turned my head towards him. "Got a cold?" I said smirking.

"Allergies." He replied, trying to stay serious.

"Ohh. I see." I say and bend back over. Smirking to myself. I knew men like the back of my hand. I walk back over to my chair and sit down. I pick up another report and fan myself. "God, it's so hot in here." I say, drawing my voice out. I reach up and unclasp the first few buttons of my blouse. I look over at him, his face was heating up, I could see him getting uncomfortable. I almost burst out laughing. I sighed and stood up going to file another report. I opened the top drawer and scowled when I couldn't find the right file. Then I felt a presence behind me.