Chapter 4

I'd woken up early that morning, eager to slip out of Beau's bed with out waking him. I was successful and made my way to his over sized bathroom to wash my face and slip on my clothes that were strewn across the living room floor. I picked up my ripped panties, "Nice." I muttered to myself, these had actually cost me a lot of money. I sighed and stuffed them into my small purse and pulled out my phone to order an Uber remembering that Beau had driven us here.

Leaving his condo was embarrassing, but not unlike anything I'd done before. I knew the looks I would get from the valet workers as I exited his personal elevator. I'd found the Uber parked right outside, once I'd hopped in I felt like I could finally relax. I was sore, it had been a while since someone had fucked me like that, it was refreshing. Again I wondered if he'd seen my file. At one point, my sex life had been so insane I was ordered by HR to see a counselor. That was of course a few years back when I'd basically slept with everyone in that particular office, but it had also been the year my parents maid died, their maid that basically raised me. I'd needed an outlet. The psychiatrist I was ordered to see explained to me that my sex habits probably stemmed from lack of love and attention from my parents. It's weird though. To tie your parents love to your need for love, and how did I cross the line between love and sex? Maybe the sex was just the attention I needed. I don't think I really needed love. We had finally reached the bar where I left my truck. I drove myself home rounding my thoughts back to Beau and all the attention he gave me last night, I smiled.

Beau was cold towards me when I walked in Monday morning. He hadn't even texted me his coffee order. Was he mad? I'd even offered a pleasant hello and he shrugged it off with a stiff nod in my direction, barely raising his eyes to meet mine. I ignored it and went to my desk facing him and starting sorting his appointments for his calendar. He was awfully busy. And that's how most of the day went him ignoring me and me coughing every so often to break the awkward silence. Around lunch time I finally decided to speak up.

"Is everything okay Beau?"

"Everything is fine Summer." He replied, gruffly.

"Well it looks like something is bugging you." I said, looking into his eyes from across the room.

"Nothing is bugging me, just because we slept together doesn't mean you need to play girlfriend." He said harshly. I was taken back. I huffed and stood up loudly walking over to angerly file papers. I muttered curses to myself while shoving the papers into correct folders. Why was he being such an ass? Maybe this was just his forte, fuck his employees then treat them like shit, I mean that's probably why they were constantly filling this position.

I felt a presence behind me, before I could turn to face it, Beau's hands were on my waist holding me still. He gently placed soft kisses down the exposed side of my neck. I shuddered, loving every second of it. He nipped at my earlobe. "I'm sorry." He whispered into my ear. His husky voice brought me back to reality.

"Oh no, you don't get to do that." I said taking his hands off my waist and walking back to my desk.

"Do you what exactly?" He asked, following behind me.

"Treat me like I don't exist all day, then try to fuck me." I stated, looking up at him annoyed. Why did he have to be so damn good looking.

"If we're just fucking why do we have to be nice to each other?" He asked plainly, taking a seat on the edge of my desk. I shifted in my seat away from him and towards my computer. "I mean you walked out in the morning with out saying anything so thats obviously how you want things to be."

"We had sex, once. I don't plan on doing it again because I'd actually like to keep this job for longer than six months. And is that what this is about? You're mad that I left after a one night stand? I thought you'd want me gone." I stated, looking up to check his face for any signs of emotion, none.