Chapter 7

My body aches before my mind can even comprehend I'm in pain. It's immediate, like the morning after an intense work out. The second thing I notice is Beau's side is empty. Although there is a note stating that he's gone to work. But that's it. I sit up right and huff out a sigh of annoyance. I guess we're back to the cold shoulder.
I ignore the pain in my legs as I finally roll out of his messy sheets and on to my feet. I walk to my designated room, and straight into the adjoined bathroom. The first bruise I notice wraps around both wrists. The second one is on my collar bone but that's more of a hickey if anything. The third one wraps around my thigh, and I'd bet if he placed his hand over it the size would be perfectly matched. Memories of the night drifted back in my brain, making me clench the sink counter in lust. I've never experienced such passion and rage from him before. Not even after his mother died. And the impending thoughts of the fact that my mother was getting better and soon I would probably be headed back to Portland crashed into any more memories of the night before. Of course I would still need to make sure she was settled at her home first. That left me a little time. Beau definitely won't take this news well. And thus the impending question, did I really want to go back to my newer life? A life that didn't have anything to do with Beau? I was just becoming accustomed to being around him ago even though things were kind of rocky between us.
It seems like things are always rocky when we're involved with each other.

After my shower I decided on wearing a black long sleeved shirt and black leggings. I spent most of the afternoon in my bed watching various movies.
An inexplicable sadness had come over me, it was sudden and had no reason or rhyme, the only thing I was managing was to focus one of episode of Pawn Stars at a time. The cable channel I had stumbled upon just happened to be having a marathon. It was easy to follow and easy to empty my brain when I watched it.

Many episodes later, I heard the elevator ding signals Beau's arrival. I sat up, but then laid back down. The thought of putting my feet on the ground and walking to wherever he was in th loft to possibly be greeted with a slightly warmer attitude from him just felt like a waste of my energy.
And my door was locked. It would take too much to unlock my door. More energy than I had to offer.
I pulled the salmon comforter closer to my chin and turned my back on the door, still focusing on pawn stars. I heard footsteps shuffle past the door but they didn't stop, they just kept walking until I couldn't hear them anymore to which I assumed he made it to his destination.

I didn't hear footsteps again for another hour. This time they paused at my door, I could see the outline of his shadow under my door. Whatever he was thinking about doing he decided against it and continued back down the hallway to the living room. I turned the volume on my TV up a little louder hoping not to notice the next time he walked by.
I checked my phone, it was 8:30 exactly. I could hear dishes clanking around from a distance and started smelling the aromas of cooking garlic and onions. It smelled delightful but not enough to get out of bed. Also not enough to make me even remotely hungry. The thought of food repulsed my stomach at the moment.

A few episodes later there was a soft knock at the door, I ignored it.
"Summer?" He questioned. I didn't respond. "Hello?" He tried again. I turned to face the door, watching his feet shuffle against the hardwood. "I made some dinner. Its chicken and rice." He offered.

"I'm not really hungry, thanks though." I replied tiredly.

"Okay." He replied, but didn't move. "Can I come in?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't feel good and I'm tired." I said slightly annoyed. If I had known that giving him the silent treatment would have thawed his icy front I would have done it days ago. It's awfully fitting that now that I don't want him around me he wants to talk.