Chapter 16

The look of shock on my face was probably all it took for him to realize what he'd just said. In all honesty, it was more likely than not, nothing. I knew all to well about things you say when you're in the moment, especially such an exquisite moment. He looked at me, I'd expected him to backtrack, or sputter some kind of excuse. Maybe he would pretend it never happened all together. But instead he looked deep into my eyes, still buried deep inside me.

"I mean it." He said, pressing his forehead to mine. "You don't have to say it back. But I just need you to know that I love you." He kissed my forehead and pulled himself out of me. I closed my eyes. I could've sworn he'd told me not that long ago that he didn't believe in love. Ever since then I'd put the idea out of my head, disregarding the feelings as pregnancy hormones. But his words made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. If it were from anyone else I probably would have booked it as far away as possible, but he only drew me in closer.

"I love you too." I replied, turning on my side to look at him. He smiled.

"Get cleaned up so we can go to dinner." I nodded, my stomach grumbling as if on cue.

The white dress I wore flowed around my body in a way that made me feel like Aphrodite. Beau certainly noticed as well from the way he couldn't keep his hands off of me. Even at the restaurant we were currently sitting in, his hand rested possessively around my thigh. He also glared at any men that happened to look in my direction.

We shared a rather large plate of pineapple-fried rice before ordering chocolate cake as desert which we were just finishing up. The dinner had been romantic, full of giggles and lustful stares, playful caressing and kisses. I'm positive we nauseated everyone around us. After he paid the bill we left hand in hand, I felt happy and drunk. Drunk in love.

"Thought of any middle names?" Beau asked, his thumb rubbing the back of my hand as we walked along the dark beach.

"Elaine?" I suggested. He rolled his eyes.

"What is with you and old woman names?" He chuckled.

"I feel like I have a duty to keep them alive." I joked. His laugh was cut short when his eyes caught a glimpse of something. I turned and tried to see what he was looking at. There was a man standing about 10 feet away from us.

"Stay here." He said firmly while walking up to the man. I watched nervously. They exchanged a few words and finally shook hands. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Who was that?" I questioned as soon as he was in earshot.

"Nobody." He replied, taking my hand in his again. I stopped, not letting him lead me any further.

"It didn't look like a nobody." I replied stopping and planting my feet firmly in the sand.

"I promise it was." He said, trying to smile.

"Beau. Tell me." I replied annoyed.

"He's from a rival gang." He finally said.

"And you went up to him?" I said in disbelief.

"Of course. To let him know I'm here for peaceful reasons." He stated matter-of-factly.

"As a possessed to?" I questioned further.

"Violent reasons." He stated coolly.

"Have you been here before?" I asked concerned.

"Of course, but I promise it was really nothing." He responded, his eyes softening. He leaned in, kissed my cheek and swiftly picked me up bridal style. I couldn't help but laugh even though I knew he was lying. I decided to let it go not wanting to cause an argument. He smiled down at me.