Chapter 10

*PLAY SONG FOR SCENE AT THE END OF CHAPTER ;)* 

I had never met the parents of the guys I was having relations with, mostly because that was just it; relations, so I could only imagine the look of surprise I must've had on my face when Beau asked if I wanted to meet her.

"Why wasn't she at your fathers ceremony?" I asked, deflecting his original question.

"They didn't really end on the best note, rough divorce and all." He said, riffling through his drawers for a clean dress shirt. I was still partially naked, with his shirt barely covering my ass. I inched it down, willing it to cover more of my skin. "So, do you want to meet her?" He asked again.

"I'm not good with parents.."

"It's not like that, I just meant, you know... I don't know." He finished sounding slightly annoyed. I knew my reluctance to meet his mother made him upset. But if I met his parents then it would all be too real for me, like we were actually boyfriend and girlfriend, which I'm pretty sure isn't what I want at the moment. But, I just couldn't stand how frustrated he looked, and the fact that I'd caused it.

"Okay, I'll meet her." I said. He smiled and kissed my forehead, it was such an endearing act. It made my stomach twirl, I couldn't tell if it was nausea or something else.

"Tomorrow night?" He questioned. I nodded in agreement. "Great. Now lets go eat our tacos."

I huffed at myself in the mirror. I tried on nearly every outfit in my closet. Nothing seemed cute and modest enough for meeting a mother. I was beyond frustrated. A downright anxious mess. My hair didn't want to cooperate, I was breaking out in hives, and I was pretty sure I had put on at least five pounds since Beau and I had begun hanging out. Probably because he liked to stuff me with his delicious home cooked food. But, the chances of me overreacting were pretty high, I mean, my problems were miniscule, mediocre at best compared to the real world issues, so why was I getting so worked up? I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

"Chill out summer. It's only a parent. She's only a person. Its no big deal." I said out loud to myself. A few more pep talks later and I was looking at a pretty, well put-together girl wearing a long blonde low ponytail, modest jeans and an off the shoulder blouse. I smiled at my reflection, content with what I saw. I heard a knock at the door. I left my messy room to open the door for Beau. He smiled at me, he was wearing a crisp button down shirt untucked from his navy blue slacks. This man could throw on anything and still look like runway model. I couldn't take my eyes off of him as he walked though the threshold. From behind his back he pulled out a bouquet of roses. My stomach twirled and churned like it had when he'd kissed me on my forehead the night before.

"Thank you, they're beautiful." I breathed out, taken back by his gesture. "I can't help feeling like this is a date." I said, giving him a side glance as I walked into the kitchen to unwrap the flowers and put them in a vase. I felt him behind me as I filled the crystal up with water.

"Don't think just because I do something sweet now, I won't fuck you on this counter top like a little whore later." He breathed down my neck, hands planted firmly on my waist. Funny how words like that could leave me speechless and drowning in a pool of my own wetness. He chuckled noticing the blush creeping up on my cheeks and my obvious arousal. "I'll be waiting in the car." He said, placing a soft kiss on the nape of my neck then slapping my ass, hard. I gasped, cheeks still burning. It was a bit nerve racking, him having this kind of sexual power over me. The ability to turn someone on just from a look or simple graze of the arm should be illegal. I wondered if I held that kind of power over him.