Chapter 5

Part 2; Chapter 5

To say that my recent personality was toxic was an understatement. I hadn't eaten in two days, and during this time span all I'd managed, or wanted to do for that matter was fuck Beau. He made it so easy, anytime I texted or called or even looked at him a certain way he was game. It didn't help that he'd been practically irresistible to me since the day I'd met him.
But one check up call from Caleb had me plummeting back to earth after a blissful morning orgasm.

"Hey babe, how's your mom?" Babe. I wanted to vomit.

"She's doing as good as anyone would be with terminal cancer." I replied a bit more harsh than I intended to come off.

"You're right, when are you coming home?" Home. I cringe. He said the word with such a possessiveness that I couldn't quite explain. Like it was ours to share, like I was his and his alone. In all actuality, I couldn't be further from his; I hadn't even slept with the man for crying out loud. He was my dealer who I kept around for free kilos. I couldn't understand what it was that he found so fascinating about me, maybe my unwillingness to sleep with nor kiss him. It wasn't that he was unattractive per se, but my heart definitely belonged to the gruff tattooed man snoring on my hotel bed. I sighed.

"I'm not sure yet. It's not looking to good." Guilt formed in the pit of my stomach knowing that I had also neglected to see my mother in the past few days while on my sex-crazed rendezvous. The last time I had seen her though; she had all but resembled a vegetable. For some reason every time I chose to visit was when she under heavy medication.

"Well I got some good shit for you when you get back." He said into the phone, he sounded a bit busy and I knew that was probably because he was cutting up new blocks as we spoke. My body tingled.

"Okay." I breathed into the phone, he chuckled and said goodbye the end clicking to silence. I put my phone down and pulled my stash out from the bathroom drawer. I cut up about three lines total and was just about to roll up the dollar bill when the door swung open. I froze.

"Oh sorry I-" Beau stopped mid sentence starring down at the white powder in front of me. "What the fuck?" He asked, his eyes burning into mine. "What the fuck is this shit summer?" He asked again when I didn't respond. I couldn't respond. I didn't know what I could possibly say that would make this seem kosher. Beau huffed out a breath of anger and slammed the door shut behind him. I blew the power away and wiped the counter then quickly followed behind him.

"I can explain," I started but Beau held a hand up silencing me. Standing before me in nothing but sweats it was hard not to be turned on, especially by the authoritative vibe he gave off, but I had to remind myself this was definitely not the time.

"How long?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Since I moved." I responded.

"Who gave it to you." He demanded.

"Does it really matter? I'm a big girl, I make my own decisions." I say, cocking my hip in defiance. He raises an eyebrow.

"Fucking stupid decisions, per usual." He bites out.

"I know you're not fucking talking." I spit back.

"These are definitely not the same situations." He says, gesturing one finger back and forth between us. "I don't sell the shit, the lower members do, and you're fucking putting that poison into your body." He raises his voice. I try not to flinch.

"You really think the two have no correlation?" I say bitterly. "And let's talk about what the fuck else you've been doing with the serpents since you aren't selling shit. Trafficking perhaps?" I cut into him. His eyes bulge.