problem

Jake's P.o.v

The room went silent for a moment. Tension filled the air, and all because of my mother. That's what she does whenever she comes  around. She always tries to drive fear into everyone, but I'm through with that!!! Not my girlfriend. She's off limits. My body tensed as I felt Diana's hand tighten on mine. I turned around and looked at her shocked, yet scared face.

I was also shocked. I never thought she would come here. Especially without telling me. I should never have underestimated her. I should have known.

She took off her bag and dropped it to the floor, then took one step towards me. I got up and walked towards her. She crossed her arms and looked at me from head to toe, then she shook her head.

"Mom what are you doing here?!"

"I would rather you go back running around with a million supermodels than this broke... thing... right here"

"Yeah? Well for me it's not all about the money mom! You think I care if she's not rich mother? I really don't" She took a deep breath and pushed me out of her. She then approached Diana's bed.

"How are you feeling?"

"I a-"

"Oh shut up I really don't care. Now what I want to ask is... Why my son? Is it because he's rich?"

"Mom I need to have a word with you please. Outside!" She leaned over and whispered something in Diana's ear. I saw her eyes widen in fright. "Mom!"

"Don't worry son." She walked towards me and tapped me on my shoulder.

"I'll see you at home son" she walked out slamming the door. Now that she's back hell is going to break loose. I can never do anything to please her. Supermodels? My type? Yes! But not to settle down with. Not to call my girlfriend.

They will never make me feel the way Diana does. They will never understand me like she does. I can be myself with her. I don't need to act perfect.

I don't think my mother understands that. Why would she though? She never understand me.

I leaned over and kissed Diana's lips.

"I'm sorry for my mothers rude behavior"

"Well I know who you got it from" she said laughing.

"You're not funny babe" I stopped at my words. I just called her 'babe' I was shocked. I've never said those words before. It felt weird, but good. I noticed Diana was blushing, but she said nothing. I was really changing. For the better.

One hour later

I pulled up in front of the abandoned warehouse and got out of the car.

"You sure this is a good idea brother?" Lyle asked. I nodded in response. I leaned against the car and waited.

The entire place was silent. Except for the cool evening breeze. Garbage outlined the yard. Broken bottles were everywhere. This place seemed to have been deserted for years, except it wasn't.

I took out my handkerchief and wiped the sweat from my forehead. I took slow deep breaths as I glanced down at the time on my watch.