2~ Surprise, surprise.

I end up eating everything in the bag that Kile gave me and when he came back, he was so excited.  He just grinned and held me in a bone-crushing hug, proud that he made me do something for once.  My dad left me for a while to get some work done so it was just Kile and I again.  Things stayed silent for a while as I watched Kile draw.  I focused on the way his hands moved so smoothly.  My mind wandered to thinking about how strong his hands were when they grabbed my waist or my head, holding me to him in a passionate sort of desperation.
   "I'm so sorry, Kile." I whisper without thinking about it.
   He stops drawing and looks at me, confused.  "Sorry? What could you possibly be sorry for?"
   "I haven't told your mom yet. And... I really really don't want to.  I don't want you to leave... Please don't leave." The emotions from the past few days- or really, the past few weeks- are getting to me and tears threaten to spill over as I whisper the last part.
   His eyes go soft. "Hey... Eadlyn... Come here." He pulls me into his lap and holds me close.  "You don't need to worry... You won't get rid of me that easily."
   "I just... I can't lose anyone else...." I don't realize I'm shaking until his perfectly steady arms tighten around me.
  "You could never lose me.  You may be an absolute pain in the neck at times..." He smiles softly. "But I wouldn't do that to you. I've been thinking lately... As much of a cage as this place has been to me... What about you?  Aside from my mom, I can come and go as I please.  I can spend a semester away and be just fine. But you... You can't even go outside these walls without a full security detail and massive protection. I'm so selfish for thinking about leaving you.... We may not have always been friends, but we always had each other.  And... I'm hoping we are friends now."
   "Kile.... We are most definitely much more than friends." I whisper.
   He stays quiet and I begin to think that I was wrong. Maybe he doesn't like me in the way I had hoped he did. Maybe I'm like his annoying little sister. Maybe I'm like Josie to him. Just when I begin to feel sick over these thoughts, he speaks slowly.
   "Eadlyn... I know you didn't want me in the selection.  And after that, you didn't want me for anything real... Just a distraction.  Now what am I to you?"  It was a real question. He wasn't being sarcastic or angry.  He really wanted to know. I open my mouth to speak but then the doors fly open and in comes Ahren looking scared out of his mind.
I quickly stand up. "Get out of here."
"She's my mother too Eadlyn!" His eyes were desperate.
"You're the one who did this to her! It's your fault!" My eyes get glassy.
"Eadlyn! Don't you understand?! I had to go! I had to marry Camille! If I stayed here I wouldn't have gotten married because of you.  I would have stayed alone forever because you would NEVER get married and-"
I cut him off.  "That's where you're wrong, Ahren.  I am getting married."
    He stops dead in his tracks.  "You are?"
    Kile looks confused and echoes, "you are?" Looking pretty hurt.
   I cross my arms defiantly and nod.
   Ahren looks hesitant.  "To who...?"
   "To Kile."
    And that was when Kile fell out of his seat.