3~ the belated proposal

The shock on Ahren's face is priceless.
I turn away and help Kile off the ground. His eyes are wide and he's bright red.  "M-me? You want to marry me?"
   I shrug softly "you asked how I felt about you now... That is my answer..." I'm smiling softly despite everything and looking down at my feet.
   "You two are getting married?!" Ahren asks loudly.
  "Shh..." I hush him but then sigh. "I haven't quite asked him yet, but I'm hoping..." I smile softly and look to Kile. "Kile Woodwork... Would you possibly-" he cuts me off.
   "Hell yes.  I would love nothing more than to marry you, Eady." A sly grin spreads across his face and he picks me up and kisses me all over.  I laugh for the first time in days and I hold him tight.  Ahren continues to stare with wide eyes.
     "But wait," Ahren starts. "You didn't even want to be in the selection! You just wanted to leave!"
    "Well, I'm sure glad my name ended up in that bowl now." He grins. "And I'm not leaving ever again. I wouldn't leave my Eadlyn."
  "She isn't your anything," Ahren says angrily. "She doesn't belong to anybody."
   "Actually... There's a small chance I'm okay with belonging to him. As long as he belongs to me as well." I smile and look up at Kile.
   "Princess, I have always belonged to you. It just took me this long to figure that out." He kisses my cheek.
  "Eadlyn you shouldn't get married unless you are actually in love.  You were only supposed to get married at the end of this if you were in love!" Ahren looks at me desperately.
   "But that's just the thing... I am in love. I've been in love.  But I've refused to admit that until now. I've been so so stubborn.... But this was always going to happen, selection or not."
  "You hated Kile!"
   "No... I never hated him... I thought he was an insufferable bookworm who bored me to tears..." I smirk "but he also thought I was a spoiled brat.  We've learned our lesson."
   Ahren took a deep breath. "If you really are in love... Then I'm so happy for you." And he looks like he really means it.
   "Thank you." I smile the tiniest bit.  "But we can't tell anyone... The proposal was supposed to be televised and I promised my dad I'd make the selection last at least another two weeks and I still have to get it down to three before I am allowed to officially choose and-" Kile cuts me off with a kiss.
  When he pulls away he smiles.  "Eadlyn... Relax... I'll wait. I've waited eighteen years... I can wait two more weeks."
  I smile up at him. "God I love you." I hug him tight and my heart is racing. I can't keep the smile off my face.  Why was I so scared of this?