9~ proposals and breakups

We wake up in a tangle of sheets and limbs.  I smile happily up at him.  "Wow.... You are so, so amazing."
   "Nu uh... That's you." He buries his face in my neck.  "I love you so much," he breathes out.
  I giggle softly. "And I love you."
  I hold him tight and run my fingers through his hair.  "I hate to say it, but I have to get up and get ready..."
  "I know," he sighs.  "But wait, I have a present for you."
  My eyes light up.  "You do?"
  He chuckles.  "Yep.  You always loved shiny things.  And I think it's sad that you don't get to get proposed to so.... I guess this is my proposal." He sits up and pulls a small box out of a drawer and my eyes are glassy.
  "Kile..." I whisper.
  "Shh... I'm trying to do this right." He smiles and gets on one knee.  "Eady... I met you the day you were born.  We ran around in diapers together.  You beat me at every game we ever played. And then we grew up... And we grew apart. But I never stopped missing the old you.  It took me this long to realize that you were exactly the same if I wanted to find that side of you.  I still have no idea how my name ended up in the Selection, but I'm so so glad it did.  It was always going to be you Eady. I love you more than I thought possible.  Would you do me the honor of letting me marry you?"
  I laugh softly through tears.  "Yes. Of course." I grin.  He takes my hand gently and slides the ring on my finger.
  My eyes widen.  It's the most beautiful ring I've ever seen.  "Kile... How did you get this?"
  "I used my savings.  I was going to use that money to get out of here and find a life until I realized that my life is right here with you."
  I tackle him in a hug and kiss him hard.
  When I finally pull away for breath I whisper, "I don't know how I got so lucky."
  "No luck involved. All skill. You stole my heart." He grins.
  "That was so cheesy."
   "I'm aware.  And I hope to make you laugh with my cheesiness every single day."
   "I'm sure I'll laugh at you often." I smirk.
   "Ha-ha..." He smirks.
   "Now I have to go.  I have a date." A sly grin crosses my face.
   "As your fiancé I don't think I'm supposed to be comfortable with you dating other men."
  I laugh.  "No, I suppose not.  But this one is just to tell Ean he's got to go home.  He was never here for real... He offered to marry me for a marriage-free love-free marriage.  Comfort for freedom.  I considered it... But I chose you over freedom. Don't make me regret it," I tease.
  "Noted.  Now go break up with that guy."
  "Thanks," I laugh. I kiss him softly then go.