16~ family, new and old

I'm practically giddy as we race down the halls to my dads office. We bust through the doors and my parents are both sitting there looking over something and they both look up when we enter.
My dad raises an eyebrow. "You two look awfully excited. You're not pregnant yet, are you? Because I'm pretty sure that's illegal."
"No, dad. I'm not pregnant. We have a preposition for you."
"Alright, let's hear it..." My mother smiles up at us.
"You guys had a fairytale wedding... And that's great... For you. We don't want that though. This is all way, way too much. It won't be special for us. So what we're saying is.... We want to elope. Have a tiny ceremony on the beach with only the people closest to us there. We will still give you your big party when that day comes, but we want to do it for real the way we want it done. Nothing flashy... A dress I already have... Just family... The beach... Tonight."
They both stare at us, shocked.
My dad scratches his chin. "You are going to be the most unconventional ruler anyone has ever seen... I hope you shake things up, Eadlyn."
My mom bites her lip. "You really don't want the big wedding?"
We look to each other then breathe out, "no."
My parents share a look then my dad says, "alright... Deal. As long as you're doing this differently from Ahren and actually asking us and inviting us... Anything that makes you happy. But could we put this off until tomorrow? Ahren would like to be a part of this..."
"He doesn't deserve to be."
"He knows that... But he asked me not to let you do anything crazy without him present. Also... I think he'd like to give you away."
My eyes widen. "What? But... You're supposed to do that."
"And I am... In the big wedding. But he was already trying to figure out a way to get to in your wedding... It would mean a lot to him. Besides, I'd like to take pictures if we won't be allowing a photographer."
I nod slightly with wide eyes. "O-okay..."
"Thank you. I'll call him. Should he tell Camille?"
"No... Have him tell no one. Please."
My dad nods. "Fair enough. When do we leave?"
"Uh.... First thing in the morning?"
"Sounds good. I'll get everything taken care of."
I nod, stunned. Before he turns away I catch his arm. "Daddy? Thank you," I whisper.
"Anything for my little girl." He hugs me tight.

                              ************
  The next morning, both of our families are loaded up in a plane and headed to the beach.
  There are a lot of startled looks from the siblings.  Josie and Ahren sit next to each other with wide eyes, Kaden and Osten are asking my parents twenty thousand different questions about what an elopement is and why we're doing it and what about the wedding that was planned because they wanted cake.
  Kile and I are sitting to one side and I am laying across his lap, looking up at him.  He's looking out the window and absentmindedly fiddling with my hair.  I reach up and trace his jawline with my finger softly.  He looks down at me and smiles.
  "What are you doing?" He kisses my fingers softly.
  "Drawing you in my mind.  Hold still," I whisper.
  He smiles but tries to suppress it. I trace my fingers down his neck and to his collarbone and then I sit up a bit to kiss there.
  "Purely research, right?" He mumbles.
  "Mhmm... I'm studying... The feeling...." I kiss up his neck softly and to just behind his ear.  He grips my waist and sighs happily.  Eventually I stop and just cuddle into his lap as he holds me protectively.  Eventually Ahren walks up, looking flustered.  "Eadlyn you can't do this! There's nothing going against your marriage.  You're going to have the most expensive wedding of the decade, for gods sake.  Why would you do this?"
  "Because we don't want the most expensive wedding.  It's all too much. We want something special.  At least we're inviting you.  So go away."
  "Eadlyn..." He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.  "Fine. I won't say anything else... But will you at least spend some time with me? I want to talk to you..."
  I sigh.  "Fine..." I get out of Kile's arms and kiss him slowly.  "I'll be right back."
  I go over with Ahren to the back and we sit together.  Instinctively we grab each other's hands.
  "I know you're technically older than me, but I feel like your big brother right now... I'm torn between being so happy for you and being sad because you're grown up... I mean, we're the same age, but I always knew I wanted this.  You've made a decision that will change your life... A grown up decision... And you're about to be queen... I should've been born first," he mumbles.  "I'm sorry."
  I laugh lightly. "You couldn't help being born seven minutes later.  No need to apologize.  Besides, you would have made a terrible King.  You like breaking far too many rules."
  He chuckles and holds me tight.
  "Plus you couldn't have had Camille... You'll have a great future together..."
  His smile fades a little bit.  "That's what I wanted to talk to you about."
  "Wait- you're not breaking up with her are you? Because that would do serious damage to the current alliance we have going."
  "No, no... I love her more than ever... But just before I left this morning she told me something.... She's pregnant," he whispers.
  My eyes widen then go glassy.  "Oh Ahren..."
  He looks down.  "I'm terrified... If I hadn't had to be here for you then I probably would have been passed out somewhere."
  I hug him tight and shake my head.  "You're going to be an excellent father. Please don't be afraid.  Remember how good you were with Osten when he was born? You were always meant for this... I wasn't.  I have complete confidence in you... And you should too."
  "Thanks Eadlyn," he whispers with tears on his cheeks, hugging me tight.
  "Why did you come here for something so stupid as me when you could have been with your wife and baby?" I laugh softly through my tears.
  "Camille and the baby will be there when I get back. She understands that I have to always be here for you.  You and I are special.  We should always be closer than anyone else.  Whenever you need me, say the word and I'll be here.  I may have left for her, but I will always come back for you."
  I search his eyes then cry into his chest softly.
  My parents are walking to the back to find us but they freeze when they see us and whisper, "twin moment?"
  We both nod through tears and they walk away.
  "Ahren... Will you please give me away today?" I whisper.
  "I've always hoped you'd ask that.  Of course, Eadlyn." He holds me close.