21~ The End

Lucy and I run into the women's room to find my mother and miss Marlee sitting there reading.
  General Leger and Kile stand at the door and watch.
  As the women look up, both Lucy and I say, "we're having a baby!" At the same time.
  My mother looks confused then looks to Lucy and smiles.  "Congratulations Lucy! But Eadlyn, that baby will not belong to you.  If Lucy so chooses, you may play with the baby and hold it."
  Lucy chuckles.  "She won't need to hold my baby, miss.  She's having one of her own."
  My mothers eyes go wide and her face fills with shock.  Miss Marlee drops her book.
  I bite my lip hard and whisper, "surprise..." Kile comes up behind me with a huge grin plastered across his face as his arms wrap around me.
  "It's a girl!!!" Kile practically shouts.  "I'm having a girl!!"
  I look at him with a playful pout.  "Excuse me, sir, but I am the one having it.  It is inside my body."
  "I'm the one who put it there," he mumbles.  I elbow him, cheeks red.
  "Oh Eadlyn..." My mother whispers as tears fill her eyes.  "I am so, so happy for you! When is she due?"
  "Six months... In the summer."
  Her eyes widen a bit.  "You're three months pregnant?! How did that- you know what? I don't want to know.  But oh my goodness... I'm going to be a grandmother twice within a month or so! I feel so old... What's next, Kaden has a girlfriend?"
  "Actually I have seen him with this cute little girl who- well... Never mind..." I smirk.
  She groans then embraces me in a tight hug.
  Miss Marlee joins the hug.
  General Leger comes over and smiles.  "You've got some daughter, Mer..." He whispers to my mother.  "We wouldn't be having this baby without her... She's such a great person."
  My mom grins.  "I know she is.  I've always known.  And now she's going to be a mom! Oh... My baby..." And with that she starts crying again.
  "And I thought I was supposed to be the one with mood swings," I mumble.  They all laugh.
  My mother wipes her eyes.  "Sorry! Sorry! Let's go tell your father and have a celebratory picnic!"
                                 ********

  After we've told my father (and he cried and then gave Kile the third-degree) we are all seated on a blanket in the gardens having a picnic.  Kile lays on his side the entire time and talks to my stomach and rubs it.
  I watch him with a hint of a smile as I eat.
  Ahren waltzes over.  "How's the morning sickness, sis?" He asks while taking a bite of his sandwich.  I look a bit ill.
  "Fine except for when I smell certain things.  Like your chicken salad sandwich.  Get that away before I vomit all over you."
  He rolls his eyes.  "Moody." And then he walks off.
  Kile looks up at me.  "What exactly makes you sick at the moment? I'd like to have a heads up."
  I think about it for a minute.  "More recently... Anything with eggs or mayonnaise or mustard or fish.  I can't do chicken... Or pizza... Or any red sauce."
  "Wow... An extensive list. I will keep that in mind.  But you're good with strawberries?"
   "I've been craving them all the time!"
   "And chocolate?"
   "I'd have to be seriously sick not to like chocolate."
   "Great." He opens the basket and pulls out chocolate covered strawberries.  My eyes light up and I go to grab one but he stops me and picks it up himself and feeds it to me.  I sigh happily and he grins.
  "I like pregnant Eady... You let me do stuff for you."
  I roll my eyes.  "It's the least you can do after putting this inside of me."
  He laughs.  "True.  Open up." He feeds me a few more.  After a while I end up laying down beside him as he holds me tight from behind with his face in my hair.  I look around at everyone.  My mother is smiling and talking with Lucy and General Leger.  My brothers- all three- are running around playing tag.  My father is laughing with the Woodwork's.  Everyone seems so happy.  And you know what? So am I.  I always thought that my happiness would come from my throne and my crown and a pool... But now everything has changed.  I have Kile, who makes my world better.  I have this baby that is going to change me in so many ways, hopefully for the better.  And I have the rest of my family and friends, all of which sit around me, smiling and laughing.
  I was such a foolish child at the beginning of this selection.  Everything I feared or worried about or loved is so trivial now.  I know what true love is... And I know that it is worth everything.
  I know that family isn't always blood... It's the people who stay by your side through it all.
  And now I know that I am ready for this new life of being a mother... Or, I will be, in time.

                          END OF BOOK.