15~ Change of plans

Over the next few weeks, the palace is chaotic.  A wedding is being planned and Kile and I are just at the center of the whirlwind, watching everything fly by around us.  One evening I finally snap.
   "I don't care if the napkins are white or off-white! They could be orange for all I care! Leave. Me. Alone." I grit my teeth then take off, trying to catch my breath.  Kile must have seen this whole thing because he chases after me and catches up to me in the gardens where I have collapsed and am just sitting in the middle of the grass, staring out.
  He gently sits right beside me and takes my hand and plays with each of my fingers delicately, especially my ring finger.  "How are you doing?" He whispers after a while.  "And don't say 'fine.'"
  I shake my head softly.  "It's all getting to be too much.  I'm sick of all of it.  I want to be married to you, but I don't even want a wedding at this point." I look down.  "It's all just a big show... The way they're doing it... It means absolutely nothing."
  He bites his lip.  "Camille and Ahren eloped.  We could do that too," he whispers.  "Let them have their big party, after we have the one we really want.  I know how you love the beach... We could go to the beach and have the teeniest tiniest wedding that will make you happy.  We could do it right now and be married for a month before the crazy party... Nobody would ever have to know...."
  My eyes light up.  "R-really...?"
  "Yeah.  We could just have our immediate family come.  And then we could have a nice little break from all the crazy."
  "That.... That sounds perfect," I whisper.  "Do you think we could really do that?"
  "Of course.  Let's do it."
   "When?"
   "Tonight."