10~ great expectations

Ean goes home easily.  He was disappointed, but he understood.  Another week goes by after he leaves and it's getting harder and harder for me to keep my secret.  I finally knock on my dads door.
  "Daddy? Can I talk to you?" I walk in and he and my mom are both sitting there reading.
  "Of course sweetheart... What is it?"
   I haven't been wearing the ring Kile gave me because it would be a dead giveaway but I decide to wear it today.  I fiddle with it unconsciously.
  "Well... I know we agreed on at least one more week... But I'm finding it very hard to keep quiet about this particular matter... I was wondering... If it was still needed for me to be a distraction...."
  Both of their eyes fall on my ring.
  My dad clears his throat.  "Eadlyn... You've done a wonderful job... Now we just want you to be happy.  If ending the selection today makes you happy then that's what we will do."
  My mom smiles softly.  "All we've ever wanted was for you to be happy."
   "I am... I promise... I am really truly the most happy I have ever been.  And I'm ready to let everyone know just how happy I am."
  "Then let's end this," my dad smiles and reaches out for me.  I come and sit in his lap and cuddle him and my mom.
  She takes my hand and looks at the ring.  "Oh Eadlyn... Did Kile buy this on his own?"
  "Yes..." I smile softly.  "That idiot spent his life savings.... And he proposed to me because he thought it was unfair for me to never get proposed to..." I bite my lip, smiling.
  "He sounds like an absolute keeper." My dad smiles.
   "Most definitely." I grin.
   "Well then we wish you both the happiest life possible..."
  "Thank you," I whisper.
   "And we had something to discuss with you..." My mother says softly.  "Our time to step aside has come.  You're so grown up now... We think that it's time for you to rule."
  "N-now??" My eyes widen.  "No mom... Please... I'm not ready."
  "You're more ready than you know.  Your coronation comes the day you get married.  It's how we did it... Perhaps it will be a tradition," my father smiles sadly.  "And that brings up another topic.  You and Kile realize that you will be expected to produce an heir eventually... Don't you?"
  I sigh and look down.  "I've always known that my body wasn't mine... I don't think Kile knows yet... We've never discussed it."
  "Eadlyn," my mother starts sadly.  "Of course your body is yours... But in order for the royal bloodline to continue, you're expected to have a child to inherit the throne... Don't tell me it wouldn't have happened eventually.  I'm not saying you need to right now, but in the distant future.  Trust me... It will be the happiest moment of your life."
  I nod very softly and look away.
  I decided to get married, fall in love. That was my choice.  But everything that goes along with it? That's not up to me. It's part of the job. No matter how much I don't want it, these things are expected of me.  At some point I'm going to have to stop running and meet these expectations, but today is not that day.  So I leave my parents with my mind racing. 
   Marriage.  Coronation. Babies.