20~ the confession: part 2

I find Kile in the library and it brings me back to another day when I was upset.  Maybe he will comfort me today like he did then.
  I walk up to him quietly.
  "Kile," I whisper.  His head pops up, startled, and he looks up at me.
  "Eadlyn..." He sighs in relief and stands up.
"I don't want to push you... But are you alright? You've been acting... Off."
  I shake my head softly.  "Actually, I'm far from alright.  Will you go for a walk with me?"
  "Of course.  Will you tell me what's wrong?"
  "Yes... But let's walk first." I take his arm and we go.  We walk in silence all the way out into the gardens.  Finally I whisper, "I've been selfish.  I've been selfish.  Ive kept something from you that I had no right to... And I'm sorry."
  "Wait... What did you keep from me?" He narrows his eyes.  "You didn't cheat on me, did you?"
  That causes me to laugh the tiniest bit.  "No. No, I didn't cheat on you. I never would.  I never could. Never worry there, please."
  He looks relieved.  "Good.  Then what is it?"
  My smile fades and I shake my head softly.  "Kile... Would you say that you would love me no matter what?"
  "Of course."
  "Even if I got really really fat?"
  He laughs, "yes Eadlyn."
  "Even if... I got really moody?"
  "You're already moody.  Keep trying."
  "What if I was angry and fat and threw up sometimes and got bigger and bigger for nine whole months?"
  He furrows his brow.  "Nine whole mon-" he stops himself and his eyes widen. "Ead-"
  I cut him off.  "What if at the end of those nine months I screamed for hours and hours and then we had this new... Thing." We've stopped walking and I'm playing with his hands.  I gently place them on my stomach and look up at him.
  "Eadlyn... A-are you... Pregnant?" He gulps.
  "Yes," I whisper.  "Do you still love me?"
  Several emotions cross his face.  "Yes, of course I still love you.  Hell, Eady... I love you more than ever.  Oh my god... You're really pregnant?!"
  "Yes..."
  He picks me up and hugs me tight mumbling over and over, "oh my god oh my god oh my god."
  I hug him back just as tight.  "I can't tell if you're happy or terrified," I whisper in his ear.
  "Both. Definitely both. But mostly happy."
  I nod very slightly and gulp.
  "Wait-" he puts me down and looks me in the eye.  "You said what you did was selfish.  Getting pregnant wasn't selfish- it was an accident."
  "No, that wasn't selfish... But knowing and not telling you was selfish."
  His face falls.  "How long have you known?"
  "A couple of weeks..."
  "How... How far along are you?" He gulps.
  "Three months," I whisper.
  I see it working itself out in his brain.  "Oh... Oh."
  I sigh and nod.  "It's too close either way to tell if it was before or after... Hopefully no one will think too deeply about it."
  "R-right.... Um... So... What do you know so far about the pregnancy?" He asks awkwardly.
  "I know the sex of the baby," I whisper.
  His eyes widen.  "You can tell this early?"
  "It's three months... It's not that early... But yes.  And I can tell you, if you'd like to know..."
  "I... Yes. I want to know."
  I bite my lip hard and pull out the ultrasound picture and hand it to him.  "It's a girl, Kile..."
  His eyes get glassy as he carefully takes the picture from my hands.  He looks back and forth between the picture and my stomach as if trying to see how that little thing could possibly be living inside my flat tummy.
  "The doctor says that I've been fairly slow when it comes to showing.  But I do have a little tiny bump.  Want to see?"
  "Yes!"
  I pull up my shirt a bit, revealing my perfect little baby bump.  That breaks him.
  Tears stream down his cheeks as he bends down to kiss my stomach.  "Hi, little girl... I... I'm going to be your daddy..."
  I bite my lip as my eyes get glassy and I watch him.  "You're going to be a great dad," I whisper.
"I hope so... But you're going to be a wonderful mother. I promise."
I take a deep breath. "I hope so too..."
"How are you feeling about this whole thing?" He suddenly stands up and searches my eyes.
"I'm so scared," I whisper. "I... I don't know how I feel yet...."
"We will do this together... It's going to be the best thing that ever happened to us, I swear."
And you know what? I believe him. He truly thinks that we will be the happiest we have ever been and I believe him.
Ahren was right. Why was I so scared to tell him? He's only been so nice about my keeping this from him and he's helped me to be a little less scared. In time, I think I will grow more excited about this baby. She will one day be like me, a female heir to the throne. Maybe she will go through her own selection, who knows?
I hold Kile tight and miss Lucy and General Leger burst in excitedly.
"Queen Eadlyn! It's happened! The surrogate is finally pregnant! We are having a baby thanks to you!"
I smile happily at them. "I'm so glad... You're going to be wonderful parents..." I look at Kile and he looks like he's about to burst so I nod to him slightly.
"WE'RE HAVING A BABY TOO! EADLYN IS PREGNANT!!!" He shouts excitedly.
I put my hand over my mouth and laugh at his enthusiasm.
General Leger almost falls over. "You... You're... You're pregnant?! Ugh now I feel old... I remember when both of you were born! Great... Now I'm going to be a dad and a great-uncle at the same time."
We laugh softly.
"How far along are you, miss?" Lucy asks.
"Three months..." I smile. "It's a girl. But I haven't told my parents yet so I would appreciate your discretion."
"Of course," Lucy beams. "Can you believe it? Two babies in the palace at once! And another baby at the French palace for Ahren. Oh my... Both of you having babies at the same time? How do things like this always happen?"
"That's what I've been asking myself this whole time," I say with a smile. "But this time, he should beat me to it for once. Camille is a month ahead of me."
"Good. At least the difference isn't seven minutes this time," General Leger smirks.
  I laugh.  "Yes. That was unfortunate..."
  He smiles and puts his arm around me.  "You're going to be a really good mother."
  "Fingers crossed," I sigh with a smile.
  Kile grins and pulls me over to him and puts his hands on my stomach.  "Have you felt her in there yet?"
  "Not kicking... I definitely feel something there, but she hasn't really moved yet."
  "I can't wait to feel her when she does.  You do realize that my hands aren't leaving your stomach for the next six months, right?"
  I chuckle.  "Oh no... What if I have to go to the bathroom?!" I joke.
  "I'm okay with that," he grins.  I roll my eyes.
  Lucy laughs and shakes her head.  "Oh Eadlyn! We should tell your mother both of our good news together!"
  I bite my lip but smile.  "Alright..." She grabs my hand and drags me, more forceful than I even knew she could be.