Helping out a friend

Chapter 5

After the canteen business, the rest of the day went quick enough, as I got home I could sense someone in the house, but I knew who it was, I walked into my bedroom to be crushed in a hug by non other than Aphrodite. She pulled away to look at me.

" Oh my gods Athena, what in gods name are you wearing, you are hiding all your curves under those men clothes, and your hair, it should be done into something feminine, not scraped back like that, you have beautiful hair" she said with a confused expression on her beautiful face.

I smiled at her, I couldn't help it, " I only wear these to the human school I attend, I still dress like I used to out of school, I just don't want any attention in school! " I said. That brought a smile to her face.

" So, how is school going, they better be treating you with respect or Areas will be down her to show them manner, and how to treat our bloodlines" she said while eyeing me for a reaction to her question.

" I have had one or two problems, nothing that I can't handle" I said giving her a genuine smile. " So what bring you here" I asked intrigued, hoping she has some leads for me.

"I don't need a reason to visit my favorite daughter, but now that you have mentioned it, I have been able to locate the coven that the men that killed your parents and my daughter are fronts, but I also found out that a pack was involved with the planning of the attack, I have the names of both, in this envelope, it is your choice what you do with it, but whatever you decide, know that we are only a call away if you get into trouble" she said, as she placed her hand on my back where the ruin symbols are, I can feel them become strong again at the touch of a god.

"thank you, Aphrodite, but you know what I plan to do with there names, they still have to answer to the gods the council and then me" I said.

" That's what I thought you would say, be careful daughter, and remember we are always here for you" she said and then placed a kiss on my forehead, and then she was gone.

I looked at the envelope, lying on my bed, this is what I have been looking for since I left Olympus, it doesn't seem real now that my answers are in front of me, and I feel almost scared to open it. Once I know their pack and covens name, there is no turning back on what I plan to do. My heart started to thump as I look at the envelope, I'm not afraid to admit I scared to open it, when you have waited for answers for so long, its surreal when you actually get them. I picked up the envelope and left it on my table, I'm not ready to open it yet.  

My phone started to ring, snapping me out of my thoughts and making me jump. The only ones that have my number are the couple of other I have grown close with that do the same work as I do for the council, I recognize the number and answer it immediatly, " hey Dean, what's up?"  

"I have fucked up big time, Athena, I was assigned to get rid of rogue werewolves, but there were too many and I have led them near a pack in your area, I need your help to get rid of them before the alpha s and warriors come, or if they attack someone from the pack, please Athena" he begged. 

I was trying to rack my brain for the name of the pack that bitch is part of, I think its called the half moon pack, do I really want to risk exposing myself to them, fuck it once I change they probaly won't recognize me.  

" How far out are you from the half moon pack ? I ask 

" about half an hour away, there still on my ass do! he answer sounding a bit breathless. 

" Ok dean, I will meet you at the border in half an hour, can you hold them off til then? I asked. 

"Thank you, Athena, I owe you big time, I can hold them off til then, see you soon" he said.