My welcome home

Chapter 35

I didn't realise how much I needed him and missed him, my body felt so alive as our kiss deepened, he held me so close to his body, like he was afraid if he let go, I would disappear and he will find that this really is a dream. I felt his wolf purr inside him, content that his mate is back in his arms. I tightened my hold on his aswell, I needed him close as close to me as possible, too. We both pulled back at the same time, breathing heavy, and trying to catch our breaths. He traced the lines of my face, so gently, like he was afraid I would break, leaving a trail of sparks behind every touch, I stopped hiding my scent, his wolf needed it for comfort just as much as him.

"You are really here, I'm not going to wake up and find I am dreaming again" he said.

"I'm really here, I found my way back to you, I love you" I said, as I entwined my fingers with his, he tightened his hold on my hand.  Before I knew what was happening, he pulled his hand back and jumped off the bed, and turned the light on. I look at him confused not sure what he was doing.

                       His face was full of shock, but I watched realisation flash in his eyes, I guess he really needed to know this wasnt a dream. I got off the bed and stood facing him. He stood for a few minutes just looking at me before he moved towards me, grabbing my face in his hand and crashing his lips to mine, between breath's he kept saying "I love you" over and over again.

                                   I traced the muscles on his arms, they feel bigger and stronger than before, he moved his hands from my face and put them on my back, pulling me closer to him, as I moved my hand and ran them through his hair, gently tugging on it, I wanted to hear and feel him him growl, and he gave me what I wanted, when he released a growl. He moved his hand from my waist to my legs and picked me up, as I wrapped my legs around his waist, deepening our kiss. I was so lost in him, I didn't realise the energy in the room changed til I heard a loud cough, we both froze in place, I pulled back my lips from his and I looked over his shoulder, there stood an awkward looking Ares, and a smiling Aphrodite. I could feel my cheeks start to burn, as I unwrapped my legs from Trent s waist and put my feet on the ground. I went to walk over to them, but he pulled me back to him with a quite growl, his wolf is not ready to let me go just yet, I held his hand and gave him a reassuring smile, his body relaxed but his face  betrayed him, when he realised what he just did in front of the gods, a light blush starting to a build on his face, he looked so adorable.

                                 Aphrodite and Ares, came towards me, Trent let my hand go with a smile, as I rushed to meet them half way, I was crushed into a hug by Ares, as he kissed the top of my head, " it is so good to see you, Athena, we have missed you so much, the gods will be happy your back" he said, before I could ask what he ment, Aphrodite been impatient as ever, pulled me from Ares, and wrapped her arms around me, I could feel her tears land on my shoulder as her body shook slightly " I tought I lost you forever, Athena, I would never forgive myself, if I lost you for good, We have searched ever day for you, Ares tore the underworld apart looking for that demon,  he put a shield around you so we couldn't sense where you were, the gods were ready to start a war to find you, you have know idea how special you are to all of us, how proud you have made us" she said in a shaky voice.

I knew they would look for me, even when James threw that at me, I still knew they were looking, at least that explains why they couldnt hear me, its not bad enough that the demon took my memories, but to shield me so I couldn't be found was my breaking point, there is know where he can hide that I won't find him, I can still picture him, their is still some energy left in the stone, hopefully its works a second time and brings me straight to him.

" I'm just glad im back where I belong, this is what home feel likes" I said.

"Where did he bring you, how have you survived the last few months?" Aphrodite asked.

"He landed me half way around the world, to a small town, a man named James helped me, he gave me somewhere to live and helped me get a job in a library. He was very good to me, when he didn't have to be" I said, knowing Trent wasnt going to like what I said, and again I was right when a growl escaped his lips.

"Nothing happened Trent, even do I lost my memories, I knew my heart belonged to someone already, I could never move on, I couldn't" I told him, he seemed to relax after that, I held his hand in my again to show him I am his.

"We will go and let you catch up, sorry we ruined your moment, but we couldnt wait any longer to see you" Aphrodite said, while they gave me another hug.

"Its okay, Ares in a few days, I want you to come with me to the underworld, I think I know how to find that demon, I want to get rid of him once and for all, so this can never happen again" I said.

"It would be my pleasure,  he can't hide forever" Ares said, before they disappeared.

I turned around to talk to Trent, but bumped into his chest, I looked up at him, and saw love and lust in his eyes,

"Now, where were we? " he said, as he leaned down, kissing my lips as he lifted me up, I wrapped my legs around him tightly, leaving know room between us, he never broke our kiss as he laid me gently down on our bed, starting back from where we stopped.