Can't sleep !!

Chapter 26

The drive back to the council was anything but victorious. Deafening silence filled the car, that's just a couple of hours before held Lily laughter. You always expect loses when your on missions, but your never are truely prepared for when it happens in front of you. Every time I close my eyes, I see it replay in my mind, I run through all the different possibilities, of what I could have done different. But know matter what way I play it, the outcome is always the same. I even went through moments of anger towards Lily, she knew this could happen, we were all warned, why did she walk into her own death, but I know I can't be angery with her, I was practically awe struck when I saw Trent, so much so a girl nearly died that I was there to protect. I just hope she is with her mate now, the way they should have been. I felt a traitorous tear fall down my cheek, I quickly wiped it away, this is going to be the first and final weak moment I will have on the missions ahead of us. The only thing I can do is make sure we all survive, even it that means everyone finally finds out who I really am, I can't let another person died.

                                   As we got back to base, the other cars arrived shortly after, we all took our position to show our respect to our falling sister. You could clearly see it has hit everyone, Danny, Lily s younger brother who is one of the training recruits, carried her covered body bridal style past all of us, he stopped in front of me and turned himself to face me " Dean told me what you did, thank you for killing that monster, Lily always spoke about you, I can see now why she did" he said, his eyes couldn't hide his pain, he wanted to be strong for her in front of others. "I didn't do anything she wouldn't do for me, she was so proud when you joined to become one of us, but don't let this rule you, use your angery to drive you, don't let it break you" I told him.

                                             That night I barely slept, my nightmares of my parents killers have been joined by Lily s death which replayed over and over again. I used my lack of sleep to get up and go over the layout of the next coven, this one was The eclipse coven, the numbers of demonic vampires were low, only five in this one, with two exits to block and an easy escape route for the other vampires. We will only need our team this time, no recruits will be needed, I think they have had enought real life field experience to last them a life time, never during my training or field experience did anyone die, unfortunately there first time had to end like that, Im sure some will be in shock.

                                      The council did a small speech this time,

" Your next mission won't be any easier than the first even with low numbers. Keep your heads about you's, I know it must be unbelievably hard to take in your mate is one of them, but use what happened last night with Lily to know now for definate, they don' hold any love towards their mates. We lost one of our best fighters, but remember, her life wasnt taken in vain, she has saved other humans, werewolves and now vampires from these things. One life has possibly saved hundreds in the future. I again thank you for serving the supernatural council, to protect others even if it means your death, not one person will be forgotten, you's have gone above and beyond to keep us all safe. I pray I will see all of you's return" he finished.

Dean was once again with me along with Jack, another werewolf. I always found Jack to be a joker on his own time but a pure warrior on the councils time, he is the oldest of us at twenty three, thank the gods he already has a mate, if possible, were trying to keep all the unmated fighter to securing the building, to stop the chance of finding their mate during the fight. The journey took two and a half hours this time to get to the coven.

          As we all went to our positions like last time, and waited for the go ahead from our insider, so we can start the attack. This time we didn't use smoke bombs, we threw a small amount of explosive material at the windows, once it hits the windows, a couple of seconds later it will blow the windows apart and possibly some of the surrounding wall if we use to much. We got the signal to move, Jack and Dean threw the explosives, hitting their targets and a few seconds later glass exploded everywhere. Jack was entering with me this time as Dean was there to stop any attempts of escape or if we needed him, the others were removing the vampires and blocking all other exits.

                        I sped towards the windows with my sword ready, the first kill was quick she didn't even see it coming when my sword connected with her neck, they were all female vampires, their nails were already out,  the next one came towards me like a maniac, I was blocking each slash she tried to connect, but the bitch got a couple through. I just thought of Lily, and my bloodthirst build, every slash she tired after that didn't get through, but she did end up with a few missing fingers and slashes before I finally moved to slice her neck, I saw her eyes look shocked before her head fell.

     There was only one left, as Jack was fighting the other vampire. I smirked at the vampire in front of me, taunting her to make a move. She reached forward and tried to grab my hair, I caught her by the wrist and snapped it, their is nothing I hate more than hair pulling, I then backhanded her hard and she hit the wall behind her, she moved in again to try land a kick to my ribs, but I grabbed her foot, twisting her body so she would land on her face as she slammed into the floor, hard. I stood behind her and held her by the hair, as I swung my sword and removed her head. I stood up and wiped my hands. I meant what I thought yesterday, everyone of them have to die.

                   I looked over to Jack and found him staring at me. I looked at him as to say what!

"Oh sorry Athena, I have never seen anyone with so much anger towards them vampires, as I saw with you, but the crazy thing is even do I have a mate, you look sexy as hell while you do it, its the craziest thing, I see where Dean got the nickname seducer from, you could be kicking your mates ass around the place and I say he would find it hard not to jump you" he said a little embarrassed.

"Ok you have just gotten weirder Jack, who looks sexy when their killing, did the vampire hit you so hard that your brain shook" I said laughing at him.

"Come on Romeo, lets get you checked out and back to base" I said, as I pushed him out the window, with a thump, he was taken forever carefully climbing over it, thank the gods he didn't do that when we were entering, we would have been a laughing stock.