Olympus

Chapter 11

After what felt like weeks in Olympus it was only really hours in my world. Time in Olympus moves alot quicker than our time. I didn't no what to say to Ares after he came for me, I wanted to spill out everything, tell him all my fears, about what my mate will think of me? will he hate me? will he want to kill me like his father killed my parents? I wanted to tell him about my nightmares and how lonely I am, how I miss my parents, how I'm so tired of hiding who I am, going through everyday pretending to be a weak and taking all the crap, everyday that I go to that school! 

Aphrodite came in then, took one look at me with sad eyes, she was the goddess of love, she could tell I found mate, but she could also tell the struggle I'm having with not going to him. I want to so badly be with him, but I told myself over and over, I didn't want a mate, vampire or werewolf, especially an Alpha! but that was easy to say then when I hadn't actually laid eyes on my mate, or if his touch didn't send sparks coursing through my system, pulling my heart towards him and begging to be with him, in his strong arms, I thought I would be able to fight the bond, but I won't be able to to keep myself away for long, the pull will just get stronger, til I cant think of nothing but him.

" Go to him Athena, don't fight it, let yourself be happy, cherished and loved. That's what a mate can make you feel, you will be safe and complete with him, you are destined to be his, as he is destined to be yours" Aphrodite said with a smile.

" I can't, his father was one of the men that came to my house that night, and killed my parents, I can't be with him when I still want revenge for what they did, they need to pay, that will cost me my mate in the end, he won't want me after I deal with his father, he will hate me, I don't want to fall more in love with him and then to see him look at me with hate, I can't go through that!" I whispered.

" Oh child, you should not let this stand in your way, if he is a true Alpha he will want justice to be served, they have to be held accountable for their actions, or they will keep killing anyone that has more power than them, they fear the unknown, and that fear will keep them doing what what they always do, kill the ones with more power, if they knew about you, they would try to kill you, you alive is what they were afraid of happening" Ares said with a sad smile.

" Would you go to him if his father wasn't who he was? " Aphrodite asked.

"Yes, once I done what I planned, I hoped in the back of my mind I could be with him, but hope won't change who he is? I said.

"Give him a chance, you saw the vampires that attacked your parents, the wolves might have been their, but we don't know if they actually physically helped kill your parents, that's why we plan to judge them, we will no if they killed your parents, the council know the penality for killing a council member is punishable by death and the same laws apply to killing a goddess," Ares said.  

I thought about it, " your right, I didn't see the wolves attack, only vampires, but they were stil there, 

they saw it all happen and did nothing " I said.

"Give him a chance Athena, get to know him, find out from him if he is close to his father, and get an idea of what his father is like, you have the blood of the gods running through your veins, you will know weather he has a good heart or not, start from there, you also need to stop hiding who you are behind baggy men's clothing, show the real you, I know you have to hide a big part of you, but you don't have to hide the rest, be who you are and be proud of that, you look more and more like your mother every day, your a beautiful young woman, show that, your mother and father wouldn't want you hiding in the shadows and been pushed around," She said.

I thought about what they had said, it is time to stop hiding, it will be one less pressure on me, they don't have to know who my parents were, they don't even have to know what I am,I have always hidden that part of me from everyone, I thought. Time for the real Athena to come from the shadows, once and for all, I won't be taking anyone's shit, not from sluts and not from werewolves, they try it and they will regret it! .