Head held high

Chapter 12

I woke up this morning with a new determination, I wasn't going to hide the real Athena anymore, gone is the shy loner, who gets pushed around, I could feel a weight lift off my shoulders, but don't get me wrong, Im not going to start hanging around with the sluts and popular crowd, Im just not going to hide away anymore. 

The mate thing, I honesty don't know how to deal with him, but I won't be running to him with open arms, I need to see if he is trustworthy first and see what his father is like, but I don't know if my urge to kill his father will take over before I get to know him. I don't even know if my mates want me, I did go overboard when I met him, but seriously he called me "little mate" for that alone I should of slapped him. Mabey I was too harsh on him, but he was so cocky and I let myself be distracted by him, that could of costs a girls life, but that wasn't his fault either, it was mine, I had to pick my jaw up from the floor, he looked better than any gods I have met, and that is hard, trust me. 

I got out of bed and headed for a shower. I let the water spray down my face and back , waking me up, I scrubbed my body with my blueberry body wash and washed my hair. I finished my shower, and wrapped my towel around me, and dried my hair with another one. I walked to my wardrobe, and started looking through my clothes, I decide on a dark navy skinny jeans, and dark blue and white tank tops and a navy blazer and dark blue shoes with 5 inch heels. I picked my charm chain to match it and blue and white bangles.  

I got dressed, leaving my blazer off til I leave, I blow dried my hair and let in fall down my back in natural waves, I put on a thin line of my black and silver glittery eye liner, I used my mascara to to make my eyelashes stand out, and I finished off with my ruby red lip gloss. I looked in the mirror, happy at what I saw looking back at me, they won't know what hit them today, the new Athena Lockley, is showing herself today, Lockley is my grandmothers maiden name, I couldnt keep my parents name, incase anyone put two and two together and figure it out.  

I put my blazer on, grabbed my bag with my phone and keys and headed down to the garage, I can't decide which car to bring, the school car is a no, no today, they will figure out who I am to early, I'm going to take my evo 6, I open the garage and hop into my car, I can feel the nerves build in me, I'm letting the real me out and I don't know what the reaction will be and what my mate will do. I turn up my stereo and blast imagine dragons, radioactive.  

I take the turn into the schools car park, the sound of the engine attracted everyone's attention, as they tried to figure out who is in the car. Thank the gods, the car has tinted windows, no one can see in, but I can see out, I take that advantage and look to see who is around, Jake and his pack are there along with that slut Eva, I can tell they recognize my car from the club. I can see the new pack staring not knowing who it is, I finally land my eyes on my mate, my heart breaks at the sight of him, he looks so sad and lost in his own world, he has bags under his eyes, like he didn't sleep last night, I forgot his wolf can talks to him, he probably kept him up all night, wanting him to find me. I feel worse now, the cocky alpha side seems to be gone, and in place is a cold emotionless expression, but I can tell he is hurting on the inside.  

I take a deep breath, I'm ready for this I told myself, even do my heart was thumping at the thought of been so close to my mate. I open my door and step out, I hear a few gasps and give them my hundred watt smile while swaying my hips while I walk, I hold my head up high, as I pass Jake, Eva and their pack, Eva just doesn't learn, she glared daggers in my direction, as I let my eyes glow and give her a smirk, I could hear everyone talking saying " who is she, she is fucking hot", I heard a few of the boys say, " she is just some slut, she better not try take my man, Trent," I heard one of the sluts say, I could feel my temper build at the thought of that mutts paws all over my mate, I guess I was wrong about him, he moved on in less than a day.