I'm not his beloved !

Chapter 21

I opened my eyes slowly, praying that vampire is know where near me, I think my prayers have been answered, my back no longer feels like its on fire. It was only then I realised there was strong arms wrapped around me, I slowly placed my hands on top of theirs, unsure who it was, but praying it was my true mates arms, when I made contact with his hands, I let out a breath, I didn't no I was holding, sparks erupted racing through my body. It was Trent.

                   I turned my body, coming face to face with my gorgeous mate. How could this have happened? I don't want Trent to think I love someone else, or that I will be torn between him and Drake. That monster is no mate of mine, how in gods name did I get landed with that creature, who's soul looks like it was dragged up from the pits of hell, like his father. Disgust is what I felt when I thought of him, my whole body shivered with revulsion.

                                        I looked around to see where I am, and to my surprise, I am in my own room, Trent must of got me as far away from him as possible, I can still remember the pain his touch caused me. I look at Trent again and trailed my fingers down his face, moving to his shoulder while I traced his tattoo lightly. I could see a smile build on his face, then he opened his beautiful green eyes,

"Hey beautiful, how are you feeling? you have been out for a couple of days, do you remember what happened? he asked, at the last bit I could see the worry flash through his eyes

"I'm ok now, I remember everything, his touch caused me so much pain, my tattoos on my back started to burn the closer they got to me, that has never happened before, its a warning to tell me when someone dangerous is around, and when he pulled me to him, his dark aura made the burning so intense, I thought my body was going to implode." I explained.

"So you don't feel anything for him? he asked so low I could barely hear him.

I looked at Trent, and tilted his head up with my fingers, making him look at me, my heart shattered at the pain I saw in his eyes, I wanted to cry for causing it.

"I feel nothing for him except repulsion Trent, your touch makes my body come alive with so many sensations, I have never felt before, his touch is the opposite, its causes me so much pain, to the extent feel like my body is dying, you are the only one for me, I love you Trent, I don't love him." I said.

I could see a smile appear on his face as he pulled me toward him, and gently placed his lips on mine, it was slow, but he put all his love for me into it and I did the same, my head felt dizzy afterwards.

"I have two people I need to ask about this, are you up for meeting some of my family" I asked.

His jaw dropped, and all he could do was nod and straightened his clothes as he stood up, I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Aphrodite, Ares, I need you s " I said.

I could feel the energy shift in the room, as Aphrodite and Ares appeared before us, they both grabbed me and crushed me into a hug for about five minutes before they pulled away.

" Oh Athena, you scared us to death, please don't go anywhere near them again, they are far to dangerous, they turned your own protection spell against you, nearly killing you, they are not normal vampires Athena, they have given themselves over to the demon that hides inside every vampire, once they know its there is seduces them with promises of been stronger and more powerful, most don't know about this side, but the ones that do are afraid of it, but there are those vampires that have accepted it completely, allowing the demon to take over their body, til there is nothing left of the person they use to be, when you accept that side, your soul is torn away, leaving very little of the person they use to be, that boy would have been your second mate, before he let the demon take him, that why you feel pain, instead of sparks, the demon still recognizes you as their hosts mate, but they don't care about you, he will only seek you out to drain you" Ares told me.

I was in shock, I was ment to have two mates, that is alot to get your head around, but the fact he gave himself willingly to the demon for more power, proves he was never ment to have a mate, if he willingly destroyed his own soul. Daniel must be gathering people and offering them power in return, that explains the vampire, I killed the other night, he had the same black soulless eyes.

"When did you find this out" I asked them.

"The day it happened, I spoke to you before you went unconscious, the protection spell was designed to warn you about these creatures, we haven't seen any of them walking the earth in a long long time, we thought they had been destroyed. " Aphrodite answered.

"Are these things what killed my parents, if they were, I can only assume they scared the werewolves to join them, to protect their families, but why let these creatures live among them" I said.

"Fear is a strong motivation Athena, there evil comes off them in waves, that fear alone would make anybody to what they can to protect their family, even if it means keeping the enemy close, so your family is protected, it was more than likely these creatures killed them, your mother and father were strong, it would take something as evil as them to kill them" Ares replied.

I listened to everything, taken it all in, if that is what happened, I can't blame Trent s father for wanting to protect his family, It was probaly the only option for him. I watched Aphrodite and Ares, as they looked at Trent, who looked awkward, like he didn't know what to do, weather he should bow or shake hands. I turned around to him and took his hand giving him a smile.

"Area!s, Aphrodite, this is my mate Trent" I smiled as I introduced them.

Trent went to shake their hands but Aphrodite pulled him into a hug, when she released him, Ares did the man pat, which looked ridiculous.

"There is no need to shake our hands child, you are part of our family now, you are our daughters Athena s mate,  you were chosen by our sister, the moon goddess, she would only chose the best for Athena, she is very fond of your mate," Aphrodite said with a smile.

"I will protect Athena with the last breath in my body, I love her very much and thank the moon goddess every day for given me Athena as a mate, I know im not worthy of her, but I will prove every day that I could be" Trent said with sincerity.

"Nonsense child, you are worthy already, you have a strong and pure heart, we know you would do anything for Athena, the moon goddess matches mates because they are equals, one is not more worthy than the other, remember that, enjoy been mates, you don't have to prove anything to us and Athena, we are very happy knowing you are her mate" Aphrodite said.

"Thank you, that means alot to me, " Trent replied with a big smile on his face as he looked at them and then at me.

" We must be going Athena, be very careful around those two vampires, he won't have the normal pull of a mate to you, but if he see s you, he will want you to drain you, you know we are always close if you need help, we will see both of you's soon, mabey next time we can show you Olympus Trent," Aphrodite said, as they disappeared.

I turned to look at a beaming Trent,

"I can't believe I actually met two gods, and they welcomed me into their family, Im am so relieved that they think I am worthy of you Athena, because you are my life, know one will take you from me," he said, as he held me close to him.