Set Up

I was dressed and waiting on the girls so we could go to this shitty ass kickback. I had on some light blue ripped jeans , my red Pumas and a red shirt with a grill dripping gold on the front.  My hair was in its natural state, I had a gold hoop in my nose and gold hoops in both of my ear holes.
Just as I was walking downstairs I heard a horn outside and got a text.

Mariah: my momma running late so Zay gonna pick u up
I stopped on the 10th stair and just looked at my phone , this hoe. I responded with a nice Little bitchy message , but took my ass outside to that car.

Me: wassup

Zay: put your seatbelt on
    See this why ion like this lil bitch , a simple ass hey would've sufficed ... Lil bitch ass. I put my seatbelt on , for my sake not because he said so .. He don't run shit . Once I was settled he pulled off and I started texting the girls ranting about his ass.
  When I looked up we were at Walmart ( hella heart eyes ) I was finna spend all his money , cause Beauty gets what she wants.

Zay: come on

Me: ok
   He almost broke his neck looking back at me, probably because I didn't have anything smart to say.  On the way in the store he grabbed a buggy, and we silently went shopping around. He had beer , chips, soda , juice , chicken, fries and from the looks of it we were heading to the candy aisle. That's exactly where we went , I clapped and he looked back at me.

Zay: uhh uhh don't get happy, don't touch shit if you ain't buying it

Me: yes "daddy"

he stopped and looked at me as if he wanted to say something , but turned around and kept looking for whatever . I on the other hand had KitKats , Snickers , Reese's , Starburst, Lindor , and M&M's . When I looked up he was turning down another aisle , so I had to hurry up and get my things in the buggy. By the time I caught up he was by the fruits . I dumped my candy in the buggy and he looked at me. Here's where respect takes me a long way.

Me: please?

Zay: hell no I'm not paying for that shit you gonna have cavities

Me: ... Zaaaaaaaaaay!! Please!!? I promise I won't give u attitude for another 3 weeks
     He looked at me as if he was debating , then finally agreed .
I smiled and he told me to get some fruit . I got grapes , strawberries,and pineapples. We were now at the register , putting the stuff on the belt. Our cashier was a girl , and her eyes couldn't seem to stay off Zay, not that it mattered but damn give him his face back, he paid her no attention.

Her: alight your total is $252.67
Zay pulled out his card and slid it , I reached up and tapped him

Zay: what?

Me: thanks
I gave him my best smile , and she just looked at us.

Her:this yo girl
Me: no this not my girl
I said with humor in my voice
Her: I wasn't talking to you

Me: well be direct

Her:bit-

Zay: aye watch ya mouth , and u lets go
He grabbed the buggy and we left , not before I turned around and stuck my Tongue out at the girl thoo.
Mike's house
Mike: well damn , tf took y'all so long?

Zay: nigga we had to get the stuff

Mike: alright whatever , y'all my set up crew , so let's get this shit crackin
I giggled at his corny choice of words , but followed Zay to the kitchen.

Zay: u can cook ?

Me: yeah .. U?

Zay: mmhm, aye Mike come put this other shit out and u get some grease poppin
When he said that he cracked a smile , the first I'd ever seen at him , I giggled and did as I was told. Once the grease was hot enough we started on the chicken and I used the fryer to start on the fries. It was quiet except the music that was playing , I decided to make the best out of nothin and start a convo .