Once Upon Now Contest Entry

target

#OnceUponNow

The Princess With A Sword

Once upon a time a princess was princess was born by the king and queen. Her smile and giggles enlightened them all who bow down to the king and queen. As she grew older her beauty enchanted them all, like a spell. Horses galloped along the dirt trail as they slowly approached the castle, you can hear a baby's cry in the distance as you get closer and closer to the castle itself. A pound was heard from the castle door, the king flung the door open to see the Knights in front of him.

"They are coming," one of the Knights said.

The king nodded and made a hand gesture for them to go after the people. The king slammed the doors closed as the queen held the baby in her arms looking worried, trying to make the baby stop crying. The queen quickly ran downstairs and placed the baby in a small crate, covering it with a wool blanket. The queen quickly walked back upstairs, closed the door and locking it behind her. Making the baby cry because of the dark. The queen ran over to the king hugging him tight as the castle walls burst as the horses come rushing in making the castle collapse.

"Find this princess!" A voice boomed from outside as more knights charged at the kingdom.

The knights searched and ransacked the castle but the princess was no where to be found. Blood, and dead bodies were everywhere, the king and queen were captured. Ready to be in their death beds if they won't confess where the princess was. The lord yanked tighter on the queen's hair, making her squeal a bit.

"Don't hurt her," the king shouted as he watched his wife tortured.

"I said where is the princess?!" The lord yelled.

The queen cried, "I don't know, our princess was kidnapped a couple days ago." The queen lied.

"You are lying!" The lord screamed, "one last chance for you two, where is the princess."

The king and queen exchanged looks and nodded to each other like they were psychics. The next thing they knew they were beheaded in front of the poor as they gasp in fear.

"If any of you know where the princess is, I expect you to tell me where." The lord shouted, "or you would be like the king and queen!"

The poor nodded and gone back to what they were doing before it all happened. A man was going back to his house where the castle once was and went downstairs. He found a baby girl hidden in one of the crates.

"Oh, my, oh, dear," he whispered, picking the princess up in his arms. "Why are you here," The man gasped, "the king and queen's daughter! I must tell the lord, I will get a reward!" The man sat down on the crate. "But, she is the princess, I must not do that. I am better than that, I will be her father. I am her father."

The man took the princess from the basement, and gave her a bottle, as her eyes shined looking into his eyes. The man kissed her forehead as the princess finished the bottle.

The man laughed, "your name will be Princess Kaitlin."

16 years later.

"Father, father, are you okay? Will my father be alright doctor?" Kaitlin asked the doctor, looking into his eyes.

The doctor looked in her eyes putting one hand on her shoulder, "I'm so sorry dear Kaitlin. But I am afraid your father won't make it."

"W-well," Kaitlin choked up, "thank you for helping me."

"Now, I must go now, take care of your father now." The doctor said walked out of the house.

Kaitlin's father, Henry made a hand gesture for her to come closer. Kaitlin leaned closer, lending an ear.