The Mystery

I am really sorry for such a late update and I couldn't even put up a chapter yesterday. There is really no excuse. I have been extremely busy handling hospital rotations and more over suffering from severe writer's block but the story line is getting clearer in my head so please be patient and bear along with me. I will try to be as regular as possible. Thank you :)

I stood their staring at her and she kept on smiling. I snapped out of my love struck trance and took a step towards her.

"Hello. I am Jayson." I said to her extending my hand for a handshake. She chuckled and turned around. Then she sat down and started painting again like I was not even present in the room.

"I..umm...you can tell me your name.."I said again but her response was again silence. I stood there staring at her back as she kept on painting oblivious to the fact that I was still standing in the room.

"You don't like Jayson? You can call me Jay or even Ralph, it is my middle name" I realized I was blabbering so I shut my mouth.

I looked at her for a few more minutes and then turned around to leave. I got back downstairs. Soon the party was wrapping up and it was time to go back but she was still on my mind and a mystery to me.

I looked around for Kiara so we could go back home. Mom and dad had not made it to the party and I knew Kiara was going to give them a hard time about it. I spotted Kiara talking animatedly to a guy who was staring, not even paying attention to what she was saying. He was rudely checking her out. I stormed towards the guy and stood behind Kiara. I glared at the guy and Kiara turned around to glare at me. I stepped towards the idiotic boy. He was a good few inches shorter than my six feet and three inches tall frame.

"Jayson" Kiara whisper yelled at me.

I ignored her and took another step towards the boy and he ran off in the other direction.

"What is your problem?" Kiara said throwing her hands in the air.

"It is time to leave." I said as I headed towards the door. I could hear Kiara stomping her way behind me.

The ride home was silent and Kiara refused to even look at me. We reached home and saw that our parents were already home.

I opened the door and the delicious aroma of chicken being cooked reached my nose. I immediately made my way towards the kitchen. Upon reaching I didn't expect to see what I saw. My parents were making out like teenagers. I almost gagged and turned 360 and dashed out of there. Now don't get me wrong.

I love my parents and the love they have for each other is an inspiration for me. I want to have what they have between them one day and for some reason when this thought crossed my mind, her face flashed across my eyes, the girl from Stella's party. I still have no clue about her identity. I knew Stella was an only child.

I went to my room and freshened up and came back down for dinner. Mom was setting up the table with dad's help. Before I could speak my mom, Rabia, spoke up.

"Hope you enjoyed the party Jayson."

"Yes mom I did. Kiara is still sulking about the fact that you guys didn't show up"

I was still amazed sometime about how my mother always sensed us around her; must be a mother thing. She had lost her eyesight when I was still a child but that never stopped her from being the best mother.

We all sat down for dinner.

"Where is my little princess" my dad, Marcus asked, as he helped himself with chicken.

"In her room." I replied. Mom tried to pour me a glass of water but she nearly poured it all over my chicken

"Here I got it mom" I said as I gently took the water jug from her.

Mom and dad talked about their day and I kept quite as my mind still kept wandering towards that beautiful face.

"Did something happen at the party?" Mom asked.

"No. Why you ask?" I said.

"You are quite and Kiara hasn't showed up for the dinner. I hope both of you didn't fight."

"No mom we did not."

"I am going to go call her down" dad said as he stood up.

"Marc, you know how she is when she is not in a good mood. I will make sure she eats something before going to sleep" Mom said as she put another piece of bread on my plate.

"Mom I am full!"

"You are getting thin"

"I am working out maa." I mumbled as I tried to slip the bread back on to the serving plate.

"Jayson"

"Sorry ma"

Dad chuckled and the dinner continued. After dinner mom and dad went to the porch and sat down with a bottle of wine, a routine they have been doing ever since I remember.

I headed upstairs and made my way to Kiara's bedroom. I knocked on her door.

"Get out!" She yelled. I opened the door and stepped inside.

"I told you to leave"

"I am not going to discuss that Kiara. What I did was correct."

"You are single handedly murdering my social life!" She shot at me.

I shrugged and sat down on the couch.

"What do you want? She asked.

"You know about the girl staying at Stella's place?"

"Kate?"

So that was her name.

"Yes"

"She is Stella's cousin from her mother's side. She has apparently moved to New York." Kiara said and shrugged her shoulders dismissing the topic.

"Where is she from?"

"I don't know."

"Come on Kiara. Tell me"

"Why are you so interested?"

"Why are you so annoying?" I threw at her and grinned at her.

"I will get you that necklace you wanted at Tiffany's"

"Promise?"

"Yup. Tell me all you know and keep this between us and you will be wearing it by tomorrow evening"

"All I know is what Stella told me. I have only met her once. She is rather shy so yeah. Stella told me her parents, Stella's aunt and uncle, died when she was still a kid and she was raised by her grandmother. Last month her grandmother passed away due to stroke and now she has come to live with Stella and her parents but how do you know about her?"

"I saw her today when I went to use the washroom. I was surprised to see her upstairs and not downstairs with the guests"

"Like I said she is very shy, well actually she can't really speak. She has severe stammering problem."

"I heard her singing...."

"You mean humming Jayson. She loves this tune. I have heard it and it really beautiful. She must have a really beautiful voice."

I tried to absorb in everything that Kiara just told me and it made me even more eager to meet her again. It was like I couldn't resist her. She was like the fire and I was the moth. I couldn't help but feel drawn to her.

I wished Kiara good night and made my way to my room. That night I dreamed about the violet eyed beauty.

6000000e.l