Epilogue: Happily Ever After

Dedicated to all the amazing readers who supported this story from day one despite the ups and downs I faced while writing it especially the hold this story went through. Readers like you are a blessing to every writer.
Thank you

A Year Later.

Jayson removed his handkerchief from his tuxedo pocket and wiped the perspiration from his forehead.

“Want me to get you out of here?” Brandon, his best man asked as he leaned towards Jayson.

Jayson simply rolled his eyes and chose not to respond.

It was finally the day that Jayson had been waiting from the day he knew he had fallen irrevocably in love with Katherine Anderson. Today they were going to be pronounced as man and wife. Jayson tried to calm his nerves as he waited on the altar for his bride.

Jayson recalled their proposal and laughed out loud. It was indeed unique.

“Dude, you are not even married and you have already lost your mind. Wait for the Mrs. to do the honor” Brandon said as he heard his friend laugh.

“Shut up Carson or I will kick you off the altar.”

“Please---“Brandon’s ribbing was cut off as the wedding march started playing.

“Deep breaths Kate, yes just like that” Kiara guided his sister in law to be who looked to pale beneath her makeup.

Kate was on the verge of panic attack. She was about to marry the love of her life and now it all just seemed too good to be true. Why did she have a hard time believing it? She should be thankful to her lucky stars.

“Kate, you are going to walk out there in this gorgeous gown and knock the breath out of my stupid brother and tie him down with the shackles of matrimony” Kiara said as she fixed her blood red Maid of Honor gown. The other bridesmaids were in a lighter pink tone.

“I know you look gorgeous Katherine” Rabia said as she held Kate’s hand.
Kate smiled at her soon to be mother in law.  Rabia could not see and Kate could not speak yet they shared this bond that could not be described by words and Kate was lucky to have her as a mother figure.

“You ready Kate?” Marc asked as he came in the room.

Kate gulped and nodded. Marcus was going to give Katherine away.

“You can do it Kate.” Kiara whispered and kissed her on the cheek as she pulled down the veil and marched out of the room as the wedding planner called them all out.

The bridesmaid and the maid of honor lined up the closed gate of the church.

Marc offered Kate his arm and Kate held it like her life depended on it.

“I got you sweetheart. Don’t worry” Marcus whispered in her ear and Kate simply nodded

The wedding march started and the church gates were pulled open.

“Show time” Kiara said over her shoulder and they started to walk in.

Jayson watched as the bridesmaids came and then he saw her.

He was suspended in the moment, the gravity no longer having any effect on his body. He stopped breathing as he took in his ethereal beauty.

Kate’s gown was strapless with a sweetheart neckline. The torso was covered in swirls made from sequins and it was hugging up till her hips and from there the gown poofed up as the satin covered with lighter than air net flowed all the way down to ground.