The Texting

I dashed down the stairs to the breakfast table eager to have my plan into action so I could meet Kate again.

Mom, dad and Kiara were already seated on the table.

"Good morning" I said as I settled down and the maid bought in my plate.

"You are heading back to campus today right?" dad asked

"I..uh.. no actually I took a week off." I said trying to avoid this conversation

"But your finals are just around the corner Jay" Mom said.

"It is fine. I just needed some time off"

"Well okay. You can come to the office with me then. It is about time you start putting in more time towards the business."

"Dad, I am at the office during every break I have from the university. I just need some time to relax before the finals. I start getting these weird headaches" I said, trying to get mom on my side and it worked.

"Marc, leave him alone. He barely has time for himself. You keep on juggling him between office and college"

"And then you say I spoil them" Dad muttered and mom pretended she didn't hear that remark.

I hurriedly finished my breakfast and got up.

"I have to go. I am meeting up Brandon." I said, using my childhood best friend as an excuse.

I walked into the garage and took the keys for my Ferrari. I hurriedly drove over to Stella's house. I knew Mr. and Mrs. Campbell would be out at this time so it only left Stella and Kate at home. I was going to pretend I dropped my driving license from my pocket when I went to use the restroom upstairs.

The parked in their driveway and ran up the stairs to the front gate. A maid answered the door on the second bell.

"Hello Mr. Reynolds." The maid said looking behind for Kiara.

"Kiara is not here. I think I must have dropped my license when I came over yesterday."

"Oh yes sure dear. You can look. Mrs. and Mr. Campbell are not home and neither is Ms. Campbell."

"Okay no problem." I nodded to the maid and headed upstairs, my heart beating wildly at the thought of seeing her again.

How was this possible? Was I in love with her? Love at first sight? I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

I reached her door and knocked but there was no answer. I knocked again and again there was no answer. I opened the door and stepped in and the next minute Kate stepped out of the washroom wrapped in a towel, her hair wet and dripping down her body.

I couldn't help but stare at her. God, she was beautiful. I realized I was being rude so I hurriedly lowered my gaze and apologized.

"I am sorry. I..came..uh..to..yeah..I will wait outside" I said pointing towards the door. I glanced at her one last time and saw she was standing there with a shocked expression on her face.

I stepped out and groaned inwardly. Now she must think I am some sort of a pervert. A few minutes later, the door opened and I turned around. Kate was now dressed in a simple summer dress.

"I am so sorry for what happened back there" I tried to apologize again but she waved her hand and started doing signs with her hand.

"I really don't understand sign language..."

She realized what she was doing and smacked her hand against her forehead.

"I...f.f..for..rr..get.tt" She stammered and then blushed crimson.

"It is okay. I will learn the sign language if you are comfortable that way" I said and she looked up at me with a shocked expression.

"Y...y...y..yo...u.uu..w----?"

"Yes I will" I cut her off and smiled at her and she returned my smile. She motioned with her hand for me to come to in and I walked back into her room.

She took out her phone and held it out towards me.

I looked at the phone and gave her a confused look and then I realized she was asking for me to put in my number in her phone but I asked her just to be sure.

"My number?"

She nodded and I took her phone and saved my number. She took the phone and started typing and a second later my phone pinged with a new message.

I opened my inbox and saw a message from an unknown number which was hers.

"Hi, my name is Katherine Anderson"

I looked at the text and laughed. Kate joined me and I texted her back.

"Nice to meet you kate..can I call you kate? I am Jayson Reynolds"

I hit enter and her phone pinged with notification.

"Yes u can...can I call u jay?? :)"

"Yes you can" I said to her and she laughed. I loved the sound of her laugh. It was music to my ears. I realized that by spending mere minutes with this girl, I was already falling in love with her.

Yes I was falling in love with Katherine Anderson. Was this normal? WE hadn't even had one decent conversation but I knew she is the one for me. She seemed magical and I was enchanted by her. I never felt like this around any other girl.

"I need your help.." I texted her, an idea forming in my head.

"I ll help.."

"You have met my sister Kiara" I said to her and she nodded. "I promised to buy her a necklace and a pair of earring. I need your help to choose them for her." I lied about the earring because the necklace Kiara wanted was already chosen by her so the earrings were the excuse.

"You want me to come with you?"

"Yes. Please help me. It will be quick. We will go to Tiffany's and select the jewellery and then maybe grab lunch on the way back before I drop you off. I hope it is okay?"

She looked at me and then back at the phone. She seemed hesistant. I was praying she would say yes. She typed a text and my phone lit up with her text.

"I will come."

I read her text and my heart soared.