Fix It Up

Jayson loosened his tie and rubbed his face with his hands. He needed a shave and shower badly.

“Sir the restraining order is in process.”

“I can’t believe it has turned into this huge mess” Jayson’s father Marc said as he took in his son’s appearance.

“As per your housekeeper’s statement, Ms. Arquette barged in and despite Ms. Jane telling her that you are not home, she said that she will wait in the bedroom. The security at the main gate assumed she was still with you Sir that is why they let her though.” The security head Charles Dunham said.

“It was all for the publicity. She as such holds no feelings with this relation. This morning she was seen leaving the house of Mr. Quinton, our rival. We have the news coverage under control. This will be old news by next week especially after you press conference Mr. Jayson.” The PR relations head Joel Banh explained.

“So the damage is covered?” Marcus asked

“Yes Sir” Charles replied.

“And what about Kate?” Jayson asked Charles

“She left through the back door of the café with the help of the café staff. As per your directions we have two security personnel outside the hotel to control any paparazzi and keep her safe but Ms. Anderson has not left the hotel from the past four days since the incident.”

“Thank you gentlemen. You may leave now. Just keep us updated on this. I want this resolved and in the past as fast as possible.” Marcus said. He knew Jayson's mind was somewhere else.

Both the men nodded and left the office.

Marcus faced his son who was looking out of the office windows towards the New York City lights.

“Jay...”

“Dad I know what you are going to ask. Please not now.”

“What is going on between you and Katherine?”

Jay groaned and looked at his father. He knew he wouldn’t let this go.

“I love her dad. She is my everything but I can’t do anything about it. There is just too much going on between us. I don’t think we can make it past all of this now. She as such harbors all these accusations towards me. I just---“

“Fix it.” Marcus cut off his son.

“What?”

“Fix it. I didn’t raise you to be a coward Jayson. Face it and go talk to her. Don’t give up on something you can’t live without.”Marcus stood up and gave his son a long intense stare and then turned around and walked out of the office.

“SHIT!’ Jayson yelled and chucked the paperweight against the wall with force, indenting it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Kate sat on the couch in the living area of the hotel room, where she has been from the past days ever since the scandal with Jayson. She cried for two days straight and now she was all drained out from tears. She stared at the engagement ring in front of her on the centre table.

For her that ring weighed a ton and she was suffocating under its weight.

She couldn’t believe what she had done. She hurt the man that loved her with a love so pure. She was blinded by her insecurities and foolishness.

She made such outrageous accusations towards him. She blamed him for killing their child for Christ’s sake!

How could be so naïve and stupid? How could she?!

He must have been in a horrifying dilemma. He wanted her safe and healthy and she twisted it all into an ugly, twisted misconception. He was worried for her health. After her miscarriage she had continued the prescription for a month that she had taken from the hospital before she had discharged against medical advice. After that she had felt better except for occasional lower abdominal cramps but she had just moved to Washington and money was tight so she didn't get any check up from OB-GYN. Soon that was in the back of her mind as she had focused on building her life again by getting over Jayson which was hell itself. She was hurt and alone.

“What have I put him through?” Kate thought to herself. Yet he still loved her. She didn’t deserve such a man in her life. She was worthless and not deserving of his love. How could she doubt him?

Kate got up as she made up her mind. She couldn’t stay here. She would just hurt him more. She would make his life miserable. She was not right for him. She had already done so much damage. She would go far away from him. He would eventually move on and be happy. As for her, she deserved this pain and misery.

There was a banging on the hotel door which disrupted Kate out of her planning.

“Who could it be now?” Kate thought to herself as she reached for the door to open.

She pulled open the door and gasped when she saw Jayson standing there.

Jayson took in Kate’s appearance. She looked miserable. Her eyes were swollen from crying and she had black circles yet she was still the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on.

Kate looked at Jayson. Before she could say anything, he stepped inside and engulfed her in a hug.

“We have a lot to talk about and fix but I am not letting you go. Not this damn time Katherine.” He whispered in her ear and then he captured her lips for a soul searing kiss.