Hello Again

Jay woke up as he felt a hand slowly trail down towards his privates. He grasped it and pulled it away.

“That is enough sweetheart” He said as he got up from bed and grabbed a pair of shorts.

Maria glared at him. She couldn’t understand whether he wanted her or not. She knew she wanted to be in his bed all the time. He was perfect, with that killer body and dazzling good looks. Maria didn’t want things to end between them even if it was just sex and nothing else. However Jayson had other things in mind.

“Look Mary…”

“It is Maria” Maria said as she gritted her teeth.

“Damn” Jayson muttered. He was just becoming he didn’t want to, a pig who didn’t even remember the name of the woman he slept with. He ran his hands through his hair and sat down on the bed next to her. He grabbed her hands in his own.

“Look Maria, I don’t want to pull out things anymore because I don’t want any of this.” He said motioning to the space between them. “Also I don’t want to keep you hanging and wondering when will be the next time I will be meeting you and all that jazz because I am not going to.”

Maria stared at his handsome and then smacked him across his cheek

“Bastard” she spat as she got up and grabbed her clothes.

Jayson shrugged as he rubbed the cheek where she slapped him. She got dressed and stormed out of his room. He heard the front door smash with a little too much force than necessary.

“That went well” he said as he headed into the washroom to get ready for office.

Today he had a meeting with the heads of the other two companies. Mr. Braxton and Mr. Sanchez were old friends of Marc, Jayson’s father and were also into hotel business. All three of them had decided to collaborate on this new project where they were planning on opening a seven star hotel, one of its kinds. The architectures were called in from Paris and interior designers were called from London, who was working along with Rabia’s company. The work was almost complete and today they were going to discuss when the opening was going to be. Also the front hall and reception area needed art work and sculptures so a company based in Washington was coming over to discuss the layout and show samples.
Jayson hurriedly got dressed and headed out to the office.
As soon he reached his floor on the office he was greeted by his PA Lilly.

“Sir your father is your office and he is kind of angry.”

“What did I do?” Jayson asked as he took the coffee Lilly held out for him.

“Sir, you are 20 minutes late for the meeting. The other partners are in conference room 1 waiting.”

“What the—“Jayson was cut short by his dad.

“Jayson Ralph” Marc said as he emerged from Jay’s office.

“Dad---“

“Save it. We will talk later; get in the meeting.”

Jayson let out an exasperated sigh as Lilly gave him an apologetic smile.

“Good morning gentlemen. My apologies for the delay .” Jayson said as he entered, nodding at the people seated around the table.
Marc glared at his son and took a seat.
Jay started updating the team on the progress and what all was left. He wrapped up and motioned toward Landen Braxton.

“Mr. Braxton would now take over and tell us about the company who is going to manage the art work in the main hall and reception.”
Landen smiled and came to front.

“Thank You Jay. So now as you all know that first impressions matter so our entrance hall area and reception needs to be immaculate. I have worked with Mr. Crichton before and he is a genius when it comes to art work and I know he will give us the best ideas and samples. Why don’t you take over from here Mr. Crichton?”

“Yes, just a moment Mr. Braxton, my team is on the way up. There was a small delay in the flight.”

There was knock on the door and Lilly poked her head in. “Mr. Crichton’s team is here from Washington”

“Perfect” Jayson said as he came to the front to greet them all. Mr. Sanchez also stood up.

“Please let me introduce you to them” Mr. Crichton said as his team of six members entered the room.

“This is Ronald, he is the head of our team. This is Bethany, Caroline, Kaden, Timothy and…Where is…Ahhh here she is, this is Katherine, one of our best.”
Kate stepped into the room and almost fainted.

Jayson…He was here in front of her. The man she had buried way back in the past was here. Kate couldn’t take her eyes of him. Her heart was going to explode out of her chest. How could it be possible that he had become even more perfect? He now had an air of sophistication and maturity. Kate took in his appearance. The grey suit did justice to what was underneath, highlighting his broad shoulder and chest. But her boss has said they were doing this project for a businessman named Laden Braxton….

Jayson wanted someone to shake him awake because this could not be possible. This was a dream or shall he say a nightmare?
She was standing in his office. He wanted to reach out and touch to make sure she was real but his body refused to move.

“Hey, everything okay?” Kaden said as he held her hand and wrapped his arm around Kate’s waist. Jayson noticed that gesture and his chest constricted.

Kate nodded and signed to Kaden.

“Would you please excuse us? Kate is feeling a bit light headed.” Kaden said.
“Yes please sure. Lilly please show them the restroom and the lounge area. Join us once she feels better.”

Jayson watched as Kaden and Kate followed Lilly out of the conference room.
The scene of Kaden’s arm around Kate’s waist and her signing to him kept replaying in his head. Jayson felt his body trembling with anger.

“FUCKKK!” Jayson cursed and stormed out of the room.

Uh-oh
The devil has been unleashed.

Please do vote and comment! ♡