Chapter 8: The first day out

Date: September 30th, 2015

Jayden's P.O.V.

I heard my mom call my name, so I began to wake up. I walked into the bathroom to take a shower. I got dressed; I wore a GEEK flowy crop top, some black, ripped jeans, and some black sky-top Supra's. I threw on some band bracelets and some normal ones and a
"Dis-obey" necklace. My hair was somewhat curly from the messy bun, so all I did was let it loose.

I brushed my teeth and applied some body hygiene products (deodorant and perfume)

I brushed my teeth and applied some body hygiene products (deodorant and perfume).  I disconnected my phone from the charger and grabbed my headphones and placed them in my back pocket. I grabbed a black varsity jacket:

 I grabbed a black varsity jacket:

And went downstairs.

Me: "Morning mom"

Mom: "morning lazy"

She had two plates on the island counter. The plates were full of crêpes with slices of banana and strawberries, drizzled with a bit of Nutella and two cups of orange juice.

She sat beside me and we began to eat

She sat beside me and we began to eat. Once done, we grabbed the keys and headed out the door. We went to the Mall of America. It was HUGE! It was basically a 3 malls and An amusement park smooshed into one! We looked at the directory map, and we began to search. Store by store, we walked until we arrived at Hot Topic. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! This store was almost 3 times the size as the one he had at home. Mom and I looked at each other and smirked, then we ran inside. I grabbed 7 band shirts, 2 pairs of Black Butler socks, 1 pair of Tokyo Ghoul socks, a batman lanyard, 3 anime shirts, and a "How to use" poster from Death Note. I also grabbed some bracelets and headed out the store. Mom wanted to go to Hollister and American Eagle to buy me some jeans. At first I felt WAY TOO spoiled and I didn't want her to spend her money, but she insisted. I got 2 black jeans, a light wash pair of jeans, some royal blue jeans, grey jeans, and a really nice hoodie I saw. With that done, we decided to make a stop at Sephora's, before heading out to target and lunch. Mom bought some makeup palettes from the Kat Von D Collection. We went to Target and bought some school supplies. 3 binders, packs of regular and mechanical pencils, some pens, loose leaf paper, 2 spiral notebooks and of course, a black and white Aztec print backpack. We went to Denny's for lunch and when we left, my mom said she wanted to make one last stop before going home. She drove to Best Buy and told me to follow her. We went to the phone section.

Mom: "Can I have a phone activated?"

Associate: "Sure, are you buying one, or do you have one?"

Mom: "I would like to buy one.... Actually, I would like to buy a new one and upgrade another one."

Associate: "Ok, what two phones would you like?"

My mom turned to the IPhone display.

Mom(said to me): "Gold or Rose Gold?" She said pointing to an IPhone 6s. I looked surprised.

Me: "No thank you, I'm fine with the one I have." I smiled

She turned to the guy and said: "Can I have a 64gb Space grey IPhone 6s and a 128gb Rose Gold iPhone 6s please?"

Associate:"Sure no problem, I'll be right back with those.

I hugged my mom and the guy came back. He activated them and placed screen protectors on them. We left and drove home. I had a huge smile on my face, not because of the things my mom bought me, but because for once, my mom and I actually hung out, almost as best friends. By the time we got home it was 6:55pm. I went upstairs and took another shower and then dressed myself; baggy hoodie, black joggers and some fluffy socks. I went downstairs and into the music room. I picked up one of the cases that were in the corner and took what was inside. Smooth and shiny. A violin. I picked up the bow and began to apply rosin( a block of a substance that actually makes the violin make sounds with you stroke the bow, or the stick thingy, on the strings). I played a few pieces of music. It sunk into my skin, every note, every measure, fed the hunger of my soul. I packed it back up in its case and went upstairs to check on my mom in her room. She was sitting on her bed, messing around with the 3D Touch feature on her new phone. I sat next to her.

Me:" So what do I have to do tomorrow?" (Tomorrow was my first day at school)

Mom: "Well, you have to wake up at talents 7am because you have to be at school by 8:00am. The late bell rings at 8:30am"

Me: "Okaii, but what about my schedule and stuff?"

Mom: "Well, you have to be in the counselors office at 8:00am. There, she will give you your schedule and your 'buddy' will be there already."

Me: "*sighs* Okaii" *I giggle*

Mom: "Well, it's 8pm, so I suggest you do something until 8:30 and then go to bed, so tomorrow you're not tired.

Me: "Okaii...."

I walked out and into my room. I downloaded Instagram, Musical.ly, YouNow, Netflix, etc. onto my phone. I grabbed my computer and a USB cable. I downloaded many songs. To my surprise, I downloaded 187 songs in 20 minutes or less! I connected my phone to its charger and went to bed. I had a pretty good feeling about tomorrow, yet I didn't know why...

*I drifted into a trance*