Chapter 14: Tensions and Bonds

Date: (still) October 1st, 2015

Jayden's P.O.V

I open my binder and place my drawing in there, but before I do, my drawing is snatched out of my hands by Mrs. Berkley.

Mrs. Berkley: "Woah, impressive Ms. Castillo! I didn't realize you were this good!"

Justin: (whispers) "I know right.." (With a smirk, thinking he was quiet enough for me not to hear, but i did)

Me: "Uhhmmm.... Thank you" I say smiling and somewhat blushing

*The bell rings*

Mrs. Berkley hands me my drawing back and we walk out, Justin leading me to our next class. He introduces me to the teacher and I greet them (Mr. Fort, the biology teacher). We go through the same routine for the first few classes and then our lunch period/hour arrives. Justin leads me to the cafeteria. He takes me to a table with people who seem to have an interesting range of personalities.

Justin: "Hey peeps"

Girl: "Heyyoo!!!" *she pauses. Staring at me* "oooo girl!"

She and a few other girls stand up and run towards me. They begin to examine me like I was some kind of unknown creature.

Me: "uh.. Uh... Haii" I said holding my binder tightly against my chest nervously.

The girls: "Awwwww she's so adorable! Guys can we keep her?" She says looking back at the other people at that table.

Guy: "idk, but she seems interesting..." He says grinning. "Hi I'm Danny"

Other guy: "hi I'm Damon!"

Girl who pointed me out first: "Hey I'm tish!" She points at the girl behind me who began to twirl my hair "And that's Winter" she says smiling. She points at a girl standing next to me. "That's Allie!" And finally, she points at two girls who were still sitting at the table. "Oh, and those weirdos are Alexus and Jordyn" she says smiling at me.

The girls give me a warm greeting.

Justin: "So now you know who Danny, Damon, Tish, Winter, Alexus and Jordyn are... This is Keenan.." Pointing at a guy with red hair. "And this is Alex..." He points at a guy with blue hair

Me: "hello" I say quietly

*The whole group "awww's" *

I giggle.

Tish: "Well, sit down girly, we won't bite, or at least we'll try not to"

I giggle once again and she sits me between two empty seats at that table. It was a big round table, so everyone was exposed there. Tish sat on one side of me and Justin sat on the other. They called our table up so we could get our food. I walked into the kitchen with everyone huddling around me, fighting over who would get to show me around the kitchen. I just wandered like a lost puppy though ☺️I decided not to eat anything. I retreated and headed back to the table alone. I was looking for my algebra HW worksheet so I could start it now and get it over with. Danny was the first one back. I had left my "L" drawing out and was about to put it back in, when he mentioned it.

Danny: "Oml, You've watched DeathNote?"

Me: "uh, yeah." I said kind of stuttering and avoiding making eye contact with him (I was looking down at my drawing).

Danny: "Are you into anime?"

Me: "yep, a little, or maybe a lot" I said slowly and gradually looking up at him.

Danny: "Really? Amazing! I'm already getting good vibes from you" he said laughing.

Everyone else came back with a tray of either a salad, a burger, a slice of pizza, or chicken nuggets.

Justin: "Aren't you going to eat anything?"

Me: "No, I'm not very hungry right now, guess it's the first day nerves"

Tish: "Guys! She said her first full sentence!!!"

Winter: "Aggh!" She starts laughing, "Yah know, you don't have to point out her every move. You'll just chase her away"

Me: "No, it's kewl, but... are you always like this?"

Tish: "Yeah why? Oh don't tell me.. You don't like me..?"

The table seems to slowly go down in silence, almost as if they were waiting for my response.

Me: "Nu, Nu, no.. It's not like that! I just wanted to know if you were always energetic because I like it when people are optimistic and fun" I said blushing a little. "But what I don't like is when people put on an act for the first impression and then end up being the complete opposite..." I said slowly wanting to retrieve what I had just said.

Winter: "she"
Jordyn: "is"
Damon: "one"
Keenan: "of"
Everyone else: "Us.."

*Smol pause*

Everyone: "Heyyoo! Welcome to the fam!"

*2 minutes go by*

The group began to have their own little separate conversations. Justin hands me an orange juice box and a straw.

Justin: "I don't want you to leave this cafeteria on an empty stomach, so drink up" he says smiling at me.

Me: "Thank you..."

I pop open the box and insert the straw and begin to sip up the juice.

---------------------------------
Authors note...

Hello, well, umm I've been pretty inactive the past few months because of finals and state tests and just school in general, but today was my last day of school so I'm off for summer vacation! This means more time to think, which means more writing and better chapters!❤️😂 But thank you for helping me hit 1k reads my loves, I swear I'll make this book much more interesting💯 Love yah 😋😉