25| I'm Still Waiting

"I wonder if she's got any news?" Luna wondered on her window as she sent a messenger bird to Riko.

"Well, I told her to reply ASAP," Luna said, getting up.

"It was nee-chan's fourteenth yesterday, and I didn't even give her a gift.. " she stood there laying on her bed. "...eh? What is this...?" She laughed sadly as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Nee-chan... Please come home."

----------------
"Yes, that's the trick and the secret to what I gave you. It seems only a few realized this."

Yato-sensei watched the teams who split up in the Konoha Map activity. "But, Sensei," one of them retorted, "It would be faster if we split up, right?"

"Yes, but that means you don't get to memorize what your partner gathered."

"Woaaaaah...." The majority said.

"I'll add plus five to the ones who figured this out. Still, you all pass!"

"We're graduates now?"

"No, no, you'll just advance to second-year quality lessons." Sensei laughed.

--------------------
"Still no reply, Riko?" Luna spaced off. She had a room in a floor high enough to see a great view of the village.

"Nee-chan... I'll be a second-year student by tomorrow. I'll be nine by a week. Well, I guess I can't do it better than you."

"But still... Just where are you?"
--------------

"Using it already?"

"Get away, Itachi, I'll slice off your head."

"That sword indeed is sharp enough for that but..."

The brown-haired kunoichi sighed and put the sword down. "I was just practicing."

Itachi then sensed a presence. "Oh, really?"

Seeing Itachi's reaction, Tsuki laughed. "You sensed it too?"

"Yeah."

"Well, who wouldn't?!" Tsuki shouted, throwing a kunai in the bushes.

"And you call yourself a ninja?" Tsuki approached the bushes.

"Show yourse----"

There was a pale voice. "Yo, nee-chan."

"R-Riko... No... Who are you...?"

"Tsu-neechan, it's me, Riko."

"No!" Tsuki said, taking a kunai and holding it against Riko's throat. "Why were you spying on me?"

"Will you kill me, neechan?"

"If you leaked information about me to Konoha, yes."

"Even with all those bonds and memories?"

Tsuki looked at Riko. "They don't exist," she said in monotone.

Riko's eyes widen. "Neechan... You have changed..."

"I didn't." Tsuki smirked. "Tell me who you're leaking the information to."

"Luna."

Tsuki was shocked and held her grip harder. "That girl? Why?"

"She's not just some girl, neechan," Riko replied, her voice sounding paler and paler from blood loss. "She's your sister."

"Whatever, why are you leaking information on her?!"

"Because she loves you, neechan, and she needs to... Know the reason."

Tsuki glared. "You..."

"Luna is very powerful now," Riko said. "And oh, she's having her ninth in a week."

"I don't give a damn about that."

"She has already mastered up to the third, neechan."

Tsuki's eyes widen. "THIRD STAGE? AT HER AGE?"

"Yes, and she used it to fight Uchiha Sasuke in the prematches in the first year of the academy."

"Using Zen in the academy? Is she insane?"

"Why, neesan? She can handle the third stage, right?"

"Well, whatever, I started the fourth stage already at that age."

"She's already training for the fourth stage now too, neechan." Riko stated. "All she's doing is to follow your orders. To become strong and give you the ne---"

"You shut up, princess."

Riko sighed. She decided to say one last sentence. "She misses you so much, neechan. She wants you to go home. To Konoha."

"That's pointless. And I'll kill you right here. Right now."

"Sure." The voice became too pale. "I've served my purpose already."

"..."

"Just let me write a farewell."
------------------

"A white butterfly?" Luna said, peeking at her window.

------------------
(Luna's POV, second year in the academy)

"I'm Iruka, and I will be your instructor."

Riko....

Riko, I'm waiting for your reply.

Riko, where are you?

Summer has passed and still no reply. I've made it through Spring and I still didn't receive any. The exams of Autumn passed and I was still waiting. Suddenly it was Winter again.

Riko, I'm still waiting.